Reliance Jio launches JioMeet app to take on Zoom
Rounak Jain / Business Insider India
Reliance Jiohas launched JioMeet, its free video conferencing platform.
- JioMeet will take on existing platforms like Zoom,
Google Meetand Microsoft Teams.
- JioMeet allows up to 100 participants and users can host a call for up to 24 hours.
The HD video conferencing app has been available for beta users for over a month now and has finally been launched for Android and iOS users. It can also be accessed through Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox on computers.
The Coronavirus pandemic and lockdowns across the world have led to an increase in the usage of video conferencing apps. Zoom has emerged as one of the most popular platforms and has witnessed a substantial increase in usage.
The JioMeet app allows users to set up a one on one call or a conference call with up to 100 participants with enterprise-grade host controls.
The JioMeet app offers similar features such as Zoom, including the ability for users to join a meeting without having to sign in. Users can simply use a ‘Meeting ID’ or a ‘Personal link name’ to join a meeting.
JioMeet allows users to host or join an unlimited number of calls. Additionally, unlike Zoom that limits the duration of calls with three or more users to 40 minutes, JioMeet has said that its calls can last even for up to 24 hours.
The ‘enterprise grade host controls’ offered in JioMeets include password protection for meetings, multi-device login support, ability to share screen, a waiting room, ability to schedule meetings and more.
Devices that support JioMeet
- Android devices running on Android 5.0 and above.
- iOS devices running on iOS 9 or above.
- Windows 10 devices.
- Mac devices running on version 10.13 and above.
Home broadband bills could come down if government cuts its share — big boost for Reliance Jio and Airtel
Even before the India-China clash, Asia’s richest man Mukesh Ambani was working on replacing Huawei
Zoom expects to boost revenue by 200% and profits by 300% this year. These 5 charts show the video-conferencing upstart's explosive growth.
- Manforce Condoms promotes its competitors in its latest ad for World AIDS Day
- Sensex, Nifty close at record high on recovery hopes, vaccine boost
- Visa application for UK’s new points-based immigration system kicks in today — here’s all you need to know
- India's manufacturing sector loses growth momentum in November, PMI falls to three-month low
- Nirav Modi's remand extended in UK, final hearings in 2021