Update the Zoom app on your computer using these simple steps
- To get the best out of the Zoom for your web meetings, you must use the latest version of the app. Failing to update the app from time to time can result in some issues with your video conferences.
- To check if there are any updates due, land on your profile menu and look at the top right corner of the page.
- You will see a pop up informing you if the
Zoom appinstalled on your computer is up-to-date. If any updates are in due, Zoom will automatically start downloading the latest version.
When the Zoom app is installed on your phone, the updates are downloaded and installed automatically. This does not happen with the Zoom app installed on your Mac or PC. To update the Zoom app installed on your desktop, you will have to do it manually.
How to check if there are any updates available
In the first place, check if any updates are due for the desktop version of your Zoom app. You can check this easily. When you open the app and land on the profile menu of the Zoom app on your desktop. You will see a pop up in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
From the drop-down menu select “check for updates”. Note that you will not find this option on the mobile version of the Zoom app for iPhones, iPads, or Android devices.
What happens when an update is due for Zoom app
There are three kinds of updates provided by Zoom from time to time: web-only, mandatory, and optional.
You will also receive a pop-up from time to time to remind you regarding any updates available. If you click on the ignore option and continue with your Zoom meetings, you will be prompted to update the Zoom app on your desktop again when you use the app next time.
AdvertisementIf you are a frequent user of the Zoom app, you must keep your app updated to the latest version from time to time. This will help you avoid any problems with the app during your meetings. Also, you will be able to benefit from the improvements done by the app from time to time.
Steps to manually update the Zoom app installed on your desktop
Start your Mac or PC on which the Zoom app is installed. Open the Zoom app.
In the top right corner of the main page, click on your profile picture. If you have not uploaded your photo, you will see your initial displayed inside a colored square box.
AdvertisementA drop-down menu will appear, then select ‘check for updates’. If the Zoom app is up-to-date on your computer, a pop up will let you know it. If there are any updates due to be installed, Zoom will automatically begin the download and installation process of the said update. When the update is in progress, you will not be able to start or join calls.
Once the update is over, you will see a pop up informing you ‘You are up to date’ along with the serial number of the said update. Click on ‘Done’, and now the Zoom app on your computer is up-to-date.
Popular on BI
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP