TikTok eyes a possible comeback in India, trademark filing shows
ByteDance has filed a trademark with the Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks, according to a report by NDTV Gadgets. It was first spotted by tipster Mukul Sharma who shared a screenshot of the same on
This doesn’t confirm that TikTok will indeed make a return to India but it does add to the ongoing speculation of the app’s possible comeback. ByteDance has also reportedly continued engaging in talks with the government on making TikTok available in India. The company has also approached the IT Ministry and
Ever since the ban on TikTok last year, there have been reports around the app possibly returning to India. ByteDance was also in talks with the government to get the app back but there hasn’t been any progress yet. The company continued to employ its workforce of 2,000 employees in India but it started layoffs earlier this year after the ban was made permanent.
WhatsApp multi-device beta – here’s how it works and how you can get it
Popular on BI
- Xiaomi is worried that investigations in India might affect it cash flows, operating results
- Delhi and Kolkata are the two most polluted cities in the world: Report
- There is a yawning gap between the confidence of consumers and businesses
- TikTok’s in-app browser on iOS includes code that can monitor your keystrokes and taps
- Couch and Surf: What’s streaming on OTT this weekend?