Top CamScanner alternatives for Android to help you scan documents on the go
Rounak Jain / Business Insider India
- With the India-China border tensions escalating, the Indian government has banned 59 Chinese apps, including popular document scanning app CamScanner.
- In such a scenario, we have compiled a list of the top
CamScanner alternatives, many of which are free.
- If you are looking for other Chinese app alternatives, check out our list here.
AdvertisementCamScanner is one of the most popular document scanning apps available on Android. It lets you scan documents in a breeze, which makes it an extremely useful app whether you’re a student or an office-going employee.
CamScanner is one of the 59 Chinese apps banned in India by the government. With TikTok already being blocked by major telecom providers like Jio and Airtel, it won’t be long before users are blocked from accessing these apps.
It might be time to look for a CamScanner replacement if you already use the app.
There are several CamScanner alternatives that can be downloaded and used for free. We’ve tried these apps out and listed them based on our experience, and the ratings in the Play Store.
Top CamScanner alternatives for Android
Adobe Scan is a free app from the document management company. Features like optical character recognition and cleaning up documents make it a really good app. It has a search feature that lets you find text within the scanned document.
Download Adobe Scan from the Play Store.
Microsoft’s Office apps for Android have improved drastically over the last few years. A good addition in the company’s Office apps is Microsoft Office Lens. It lets you scan documents, business cards and even whiteboards, and integrates with various Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and OneDrive.
Download Microsoft Office Lens from the Play Store.
Google Drive has included the ability to scan documents for a long time now, even though many might not know about it. The scanning feature is fairly basic, though.
However, if all you want to do is create a soft copy of a document, then Google Drive will suit your needs.
Download Google Drive from the Play Store.
If you are a privacy conscious person and want an app that does not have any ads, does not collect your data and is free, then vFlat is a good option. It is primarily aimed at scanning books, but in our experience, it works well with regular documents as well.
Download vFlat from the Play Store.
TurboScan comes with a plethora of features that make it a great CamScanner alternative. It includes various options like edge detection, multi-page scanning, sharpening mode and more.
Download TurboScan from the Play Store.
ScanPro (previously Scanbot)
ScanPro is another good CamScanner alternative, especially if you want features like text recognition, annotation and search. You can also apply a filter or a theme to make the document stand out.
Download ScanPro from the Play Store.
TikTok, ShareIt, UC Browser, Club Factory among 59 Chinese apps banned by the Indian government
Chinese app alternatives - Here are the alternatives to top Chinese apps
Here are the top 10 Indian apps in 2020
Popular on BI
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu