WhatsApp might soon limit forwarding messages in groups to curb the spread of misinformation
- According to WhatsApp, it will limit the spread of misinformation and spam.
- All these new features can be rolled out in the next update.
AdvertisementWhatsapp is reportedly working on setting limits to forwarding messages in a group chat. The update was spotted on the WhatsApp beta for Android and iOS. This feature is aimed to cut down the spread of misinformation and spam.
According to WABetaInfo, the forwarding limit is available in beta version 184.108.40.206 of WhatsApp for iOS. This feature will work in already forwarded messages. With the introduction of the forwarding limit, users can send one forwarded message at a time.
In Brazil, this feature was already introduced three years ago. This feature, in Brazil, differentiates a message forwarded once from one that’s forwarded multiple times – the former can be shared only once, and the latter can be shared with up to five chats.
WABetaInfo also reports that the company is working on UI changes where it will replace the camera tab with Communities one. It will take users to the Community home where they can see related groups altogether.
While the feature appears in the beta version of iOS app. It is still unknown when it will be available to the public. However, it seems more beta users will be able to use the forwarding limit feature in the coming weeks.
Upcoming WhatsApp voice note features
Apart from these features, WhatsApp is also working on new features for voice messaging. These features will include pause/resume voice recording, listening to a voice message outside of the chatbox, waveform visualization, and draft preview. According to WhatsApp, these new features will roll out in the coming weeks.
WhatsApp voice note just got an upgrade with six new features
Meta is no longer requiring COVID-19 booster shots for employees returning to its US offices
Popular on BI
- CNN lays off staffers from podcast team to focus on audio biz
- Google will soon allow you to translate local news using Search
- Markets rebound amid positive global cues: Nifty50 edges close to 17,000, 44 out of 50 stocks in the green
- India's active Covid tally decline by 229 a day ago: Union Health Ministry
- After a long suspension, Pornhub's account has been permanently banned from Instagram