WhatsApp rolls out joinable group calls, new calling UI for beta users
- WhatsApp has added new features to improve the calling experience on its platform.
- Users can now join an ongoing
WhatsApp group calleven after they have missed it.
- WhatsApp brings out an improved UI for calling.
As per a report in WABetaInfo, these features are being rolled out for users running beta version 188.8.131.52, starting July 13, 2021. The new joinable call feature will enable users to join video or voice group calls without asking other participants to add them again. If you happen to ignore a group call at first, you can still join the ongoing call while it’s on.
WhatsApp may prompt an alert to quickly join the call. You can find an ongoing call with a “Tap to join” banner in the ‘Calls’ tab and a “Join call” button in the group chat where the call is started. These buttons will help you identify group calls that you have missed and join them with ease even when they have started without you.
Another upcoming WhatsApp feature for beta testers is the new calling UI, which looks similar to that of Apple’s Facetime. The new UI offers you options you might be looking for during a call and comes with a “Ring” button. You can dial and add a new member to the ongoing call with ease.
These features are currently available on WhatsApp beta for iOS, and they will soon be rolled out for Android beta users. If you have the beta update and still don’t see the feature, you will have to wait until it is enabled on your device as the feature is still in the rolling out phase.
WhatsApp multi-device support inches closer, spotted in desktop beta version
WhatsApp rolls out disappearing images feature for Android beta users
Popular on BI
- CoinSwitch Kuber, CoinDCX and WazirX were the top crypto advertisers on digital mediums this year: Report
- Practically's Marketing Vice President shares important marketing lessons EdTech learnt during the Covid era
- Scientists discover Mercury-like exoplanet where a year is only eight hours long
- L&T, Tata Power, Jet Airways, Biocon and other stocks that are in focus on December 3
- Alibaba, Tencent, and other Chinese players are betting big on the metaverse — but the government is yet to buy into the hype