WhatsApp to soon get dark mode, self-destructing messages, multiple device support and more
dark modeas a part of its upcoming features, very soon. Self-destructing messagesmay have a countdown of up to a year.
- Multiple device support will allow users to use same account in multiple devices.
WhatsApp gives an indicator of its upcoming features in its beta version. While not all features spotted in beta versions make it to the stable version of the app, it gives us an idea about what the team is working on.
WhatsApp recently added fingerprint lock and group privacy settings to the stable version of the app. In a recent beta update on Android, WhatsApp introduced a default dark wallpaper hinting at the much-awaited dark mode.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
Some of the upcoming features for WhatsApp include dark mode, self-destructing messages, multiple device support and hide status.
While dark mode on WhatsApp is one of the most awaited features, it has become even more important now as both Android and iOS have system-wide dark mode available. As per reports, dark mode for Android is at an advanced stage for Android and the iOS version is also being worked on.
Self-destructing messages have been available on Snapchat, Telegram and Signal for quite some time now. WhatsApp is all set to introduce this feature for its app as ‘delete messages’ and it will be available in both group and private messages. Users will be able to set the delete countdown for messages between 1 hour to as long as a year.
Multiple device support
Another feature that has been requested for quite some time is support for multiple devices. Soon, users will be able to login on a new device and the app will send them a unique code on the primary device to verify the identity, similar to how it works on Telegram.
Hide muted status
At present, when you mute a status on WhatsApp, it is still shown in the WhatsApp status section. This is expected to be changed in the coming update as the muted status will be shown in a separate tab.
- China’s crackdown on cryptocurrency trading will continue as its central bank raises the heat on financial institutions
- COVID-19 is back in Wuhan and many other parts of China that have been ‘virus free’ for months
- Fevicol bonds with 100+ brands on Friendship Day by becoming the stickiest comment on the internet
- Philips Avent urges fathers to support mothers in breastfeeding; reminds them that parenting is a team effort
- Indian factories added jobs for the first time in 15 months