A new patent reveals Apple could be planning to make its own game controller
- The patent was filed back on August 27, 2021.
- According to the patent,
Applecan use magnetic technology to attach its game controller.
- Patent reviles controller might be available in three designs.
AdvertisementApple could be planning to launch its own game controller if we consider the recent patent granted to the tech giant.
The patent was filed back on August 27, 2021, and was granted to Apple by the US Patent & Trademark Office and the European Patent Office on March 31, 2022. With this grant, the company seem to be working on a range of gaming accessories for iPhone and iPad.
Apple gaming controller — multiple designs
According to the patent, the gaming controller can come in three different designs. The first one is very much similar to Microsoft’s Xbox controller which includes a thumb and a control button. Apple already supports Sony’s PlayStation and Xbox controllers with its devices.
The second patent design is similar to the Nintendo Switch
The third design is like a folding pad similar to the iPad’s flip cover. According to the pictures, the cover flips out to present the interface along with a touch panel in between. It can have 4-way buttons on one side and control buttons on the other side. It will be interesting to see whether the touch panel will deliver notifications or not.
Note that the information on this front is still limited and Apple is not even breathing about its plans to launch gaming hardware. What makes this seem true is its push towards Apple Arcade - its gaming service. So it’s advised to take this with a grain of salt and wait until we have conclusive information from Apple itself.
Google aims to become 100% carbon-free energy by 2030 — here’s how it’s planning to do it
Honda City e:HEV unveiled in India — check mileage, price, features, and more
Popular on BI
- Hero Electric scooter catches fire in Odisha, no casualties or injuries were reported
- This new tech can detect lies within minutes by analyzing involuntary eye movement
- Paradeep Phosphates lists at a 9% premium as Sensex and Nifty trade in the green
- The edtech bubble is bursting as schools, colleges reopen and funds dry up
- Godrej's Dorab Mistry shoots off angry letter to Indonesian government over palm oil issue