Between becoming Twitter’s CEO and gaining 10x more followers overnight, the craze around Parag Agrawal has taken some funny turns
- Twitter has a new CEO and it’s another Indian-origin techie heading one of the biggest tech companies in the world.
- Parag Agrawal’s appointment as the CEO of Twitter has invited curiosity from everywhere, especially Indians.
- And like every big news on the internet,
Parag Agrawalwas also not spared from the usual meme treatment.
More than Dorsey stepping down as CEO of Twitter, it was the news of Parag Agrawal replacing him that created a big buzz and especially among Indians. Parag Agrawal is still trending on Twitter, and rightly so as he joins a long list of Indian-origin CEOs including the likes of Sundar Pichai at Alphabet, Satya Nadella at Microsoft, Arvind Krishna at IBM. A Twitter search of Parag Agrawal will draw a line of tweets about the IIT Bombay graduate and how another Indian is now leading one of the biggest tech companies in the world.
The excitement of another Indian-origin CEO is very clear on Twitter and in what best way than memes.
@paraga @jack Congratulations Parag Agrawal Microsoft CEO - Google CEO - Another Indian to lead a globa… https://t.co/zwRlyEOaHZ— Shruti (@kadak_chai_) 1638203675000
Everyone googling Parag Agrawal https://t.co/7gcGy76isC— All India Memes (@allindiamemes) 1638206637000
Twitter logo after an Agrawal became its CEO https://t.co/XM4by0gdao— Neeche Se Topper (@NeecheSeTopper) 1638206871000
#ParagAgrawal after seeing this chaos : https://t.co/1j3IEc6Uzv— Kofta (@sharmajiihere) 1638205514000
Stripe’s CEO and Elon Musk also chimed in on the conversation.
Google, Microsoft, Adobe, IBM, Palo Alto Networks, and now Twitter run by CEOs who grew up in India. Wonderful to w… https://t.co/cNcdG4j2dX— Patrick Collison (@patrickc) 1638202432000
@patrickc @ashleevance @paraga USA benefits greatly from Indian talent!— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1638210308000
And how could we miss every Twitterati’s favourite activity of digging up someone’s old tweets :)
#ParagAgrawal deleting old tweets at supersonic speed #jackdorsey https://t.co/moU7Ern1yt— . (@gujju_105) 1638206288000
#ParagAgrawal rn after seeing his own old tweets https://t.co/gdGd4lV8nj— Deë Deê (@am_ur_Dopamine) 1638207256000
#jackdorsey IITian #ParagAgrawal will be new CEO of Twitter We Indians: https://t.co/u1IbyVExaD— Jaadu (@_jaadu_) 1638210722000
But this chap here has some clear demands.
Indian origin #ParagAgrawal to replace #jackdorsey as twitter CEO#पराग_अग्रवाल @paraga Anyway Verify my account… https://t.co/oGjgGtzvr2— Vaibhav Ramdas Jadhav (@VaibhavRamdasJ3) 1638246405000
Meet Parag Agrawal, the IIT-Bombay grad who is taking over from Jack Dorsey at Twitter
Read the letter Jack Dorsey sent to Twitter employees announcing his resignation as CEO
- These are some new initiatives planned for the Republic Day celebrations
- Q4 2021 records highest Ad Volumes for a quarter since 2019 with a bumper festive spike: BARC
- Future Retail's independent directors haved turned down Amazon's financial support offer
- Fake news continues to be a major concern for 64% news consumers in India: Ormax Media report
- Maruti Suzuki up nearly 7% as the automaker expects good demand at a time when industry is feeling the heat