Google I/O 2022 – Pixel 6a, Pixel Watch, Android 13 and everything we expect to see
Google I/O 2022, the search giant’s biggest annual developer conference is scheduled for May 11 and 12.
- The company is expected to announce the
Pixel6a, Pixel Watch and introduce Android 13.
- Here’s everything that you need to know about Google I/O 2022.
We'll be back live from Shoreline Amphitheatre for this year's #GoogleIO! Join us online May 11-12… https://t.co/Oi1hpAoMN6— Sundar Pichai (@sundarpichai) 1647465433000
Every year, the search giant makes a slew of announcements related to both hardware and software improvements. Similarly, we expect to see a bunch of announcements this year, with the highlights being the Pixel 6a, the Pixel Watch, Android 13 and an improved Wear OS.
What to expect from the Google I/O 2022
Google is expected to launch a new budget smartphone, dubbed as the Pixel 6a during the event. The Pixel 6a has been in the news for quite some time now and we expect the Pixel 5a’s successor to receive a bigger launch compared to its predecessor.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
Ahead of the event, Sundar Pichai during an Alphabet earnings call teased the launch of the Pixel 6a. “The Pixel 6 is the fastest selling Pixel ever. I’m excited about the products we have coming and look forward to sharing more at Google I/O".
While Pichai didn’t name the Pixel 6a directly, the statement is enough for us to guess what’s coming.
Pixel Watch and WearOS
Google has reportedly been working on its first smartwatch for some time now. The watch, reportedly dubbed as Pixel Watch is expected to be unveiled at the Google I/O 2022.
A leak had revealed the design of the Pixel Watch, but we are not sure if it was a prototype or the final version. The Pixel Watch is expected to run on Wear OS 3.1 and we expect the watch to push more companies to launch their smart watch with Wear OS.
In addition to the Pixel Watch, we also expect Google to talk about Wear OS 3. Currently, the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 is the only smart watch that features the latest version of the software. We expect Google to introduce some improvements to the OS and also talk about the update timeline.
Google recently released the Android 13 Beta 1 for the Pixel smartphones. The update brings several updates such as – improved notification permissions, photo picker, support for themed icons, language options for each app, ability to stream apps to Chromebooks and more.
AdvertisementGoogle will introduce the Android 13 during I/O 2022 and we expect several flagship devices to receive the update soon after the event.
We should know more about what the company is planning to introduce at the event in the coming days.
Xiaomi 12 Pro vs OnePlus 10 Pro – price, specifications and features compared
Google parent company Alphabet's revenue drops to $16.4 billion as Search & Cloud biz grow in Q1
Elon Musk takes a dig at Twitter, shares App Store ranking that shows Donald Trump’s Truth Social on top
Popular on BI
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar