Infosys may beat TCS earnings even with lower deal wins in September quarter
- Analysts expect Infosys to upgrade FY22 growth guidance to 16%-18% from 14%-16% earlier.
- The company is expected to report revenue growth between 5.7%-6.2% in the September quarter.
- Large deals including Daimler and Roll Royce in the past will continue to ramp up revenue for Infosys.
Most analysts expect Infosys to report revenue growth around 6% for the September quarter compared to the previous quarter.
|Revenue forecast by brokerages||% QoQ in constant currency|
Analysts at Goldman Sachs expect Infosys to be the fastest growing large cap information technology (IT) company in financial year 2022. “Infosys’ early investment in building a sales and marketing team to stitch together large digital deals and focus on cloud platforms is creating industry-leading deal win momentum (last twelve months deal wins are up 86% year-on-year with contributions from several large deals including Daimler and Roll Royce),” said the report.
AdvertisementAn IIFL Securities report said that revenue growth will be led by continued ramp up of large deals won earlier, including Daimler.
Although Infosys only has half the deal wins between Jul-Sep as compared to TCS, analysts have high expectations from it because of continuing revenue from large deals in the past.
New deals signed in second quarter
|Union Bank of Philippines||BFSI|
|Manitoba Public Insurance||BFSI|
|Ausgrid||Energy & Utilities|
Analysts have set expectations for a 25% more upside in Infosys stock. “While valuations are stretched for the sector, we continue to like Infosys and TCS on the back of their digital revenue leadership, cloud based solutions and sector relative attractive valuation,” said a report by Goldman Sachs.
SEE ALSO: TCS shares plunge more than 6% despite a stronger dollar that’s good for future profits
Is Urban Company heading the Ola, Uber way with over 100 beauticians taking to the street?
Popular on BI
- Best floodlights for outdoors in India
- CCI approves HDFC Bank's acquisition of 4.99% stake in HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- Best front lights for bicycles in India
- Best document scanners for office and home use in India
- BCCI announces two new IPL teams — Check out the owners of Lucknow and Ahmedabad franchises