Instagram settles the debate on where hashtags should go — comments or caption
Hashtagsare one of the most important tools for your content to gain reach on
- But there have been doubts about whether hashtags should be in the caption or comments.
- Instagram has clarified it which should make things easier for a lot of people.
This was made clear through Instagram’s Creators account where it shares tips on how to grow your audience. Here, Instagram says you should use relevant keywords and hashtags in the caption and “NOT” the comments. Instagram’s search tool is like going down a rabbit hole so hashtags are one of your best and only bets at increasing your reach. So if you’ve been dumping all your hashtags in comments then you should probably stop that. Putting hashtags in the caption may end up making it look messy but one way of keeping them hidden is by leaving ample space between the hashtags and the text.
Instagram clearing this debate can actually be helpful for people trying to grow their reach on the platform. There have been several articles and even studies trying to understand where one should put their hashtags.
Using the right hashtags and keywords are also another important factor. If you are doing it the right way but not using the right hashtags then you’ll have to work on that too. You can easily check what are the trending hashtags and use them and also use hashtags that are relevant to your post. You also don’t want to spam with a bunch of unrelated hashtags which might drive some of your followers away.
Instagram also suggests using keywords of what you do or what your account is about in your bio. This may help in bringing your profile up in search results.
AdvertisementA microchip implant that lets you control your sleep cycle might soon be a reality
Six iOS 15 features that iPad and iPhone users always asked for
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- The depth of India’s vaccination drive — Gujarat tops the list, UP and Bihar yet to vaccinate a third of their population
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- IDBI Bank's net profit jumps 75% despite higher provisions
- Asian Paints' net profit drops 29% on high raw material prices
- Dearness allowance hiked to 31% for central government employees