LIVE: Here come Google and Alphabet's earnings
- Google parent Alphabet will report its fourth-quarter results Monday.
- Analysts expect the company to show a 21% gain in revenue but a slight slump in earnings per share.
- Wall Street will also be listening closely for details about YouTube, and Google Cloud.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
Here's what analysts are expecting and how that compares with the company's prior year results:
- Q4 '19 revenue minus traffic acquisition costs (TAC): $38.39 billion. In the fourth quarter of 2018, Alphabet posted $31.84 billion in revenue on this basis.
- Q4 '19 earnings per share (EPS): $12.50. In the year-prior quarter, the company earned $12.77 a share.
- Q1 '20 revenue minus TAC (analyst forecast): $35.27 billion. In the same period a year ago, Alphabet posted $29.48 billion in sales on this basis.
- Q1 '20 EPS (forecast): $12.31. Alphabet earned $9.50 a share in the first quarter last year, a period in which it recorded a $1.7 billion fine from the European Commission.
In late trading on Monday, Alphabet's stock was up $46.61 a share, or 3.3%, to $1,480.84. The company's share price is up 33% over the last year and hit an all-time high of $1,503.21 less than two weeks ago.This story will be be updated with the results. Refresh this page or click here for the latest updates.
- Tokyo Olympics: India's Satish Kumar exits from quarter-finals in boxing after losing against Bakhodir Jalolov
- From the US to Western Europe to New Zealand — natural disasters which wreaked havoc in the last 6 months
- Fino Payments Bank files papers for ₹1,300 crore IPO
- OfBusiness, a platform that helps SMEs get raw materials, becomes the newest unicorn from India
- Tokyo Olympics: India's P V Sindhu loses to world number one Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in the semis