Salesforce will let employees work from home for the rest of the year, even after offices have reopened
Salesforcewill give all employees the option to work from home for the rest of 2020, regardless of when their office location opens up.
- The timing of each office opening will depend on the guidelines from local public health and government authorities and will be a phased process, the company says.
- Salesforce has over 160 office locations. In Asia, where shelter-in-place rules are being relaxed, some of its offices will begin opening later this month.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Salesforce will give all employees the option to work from home for the rest of the year, regardless of when their local office location opens up, the company said Thursday."For us, the timing of when we bring employees back into our offices will be unique to each office—we'll make those decisions on a city-by-city basis, in a way that's consistent with local government guidelines and in line with the advice of our medical experts," Amy Weaver, chief legal officer, wrote in a blog post.
"We're not going to open up the doors and have everyone at the company back at their desks on day one," Elizabeth Pinkham, Salesforce's global head of real estate wrote in a blog post last week. "Instead, we are looking at the return as a phased approach starting with the employees that are most critical to our office operations."Salesforce CEO
Salesforce executives have said they see the coronavirus crisis as having three phases: a crisis response, recovery and reopening, and the new normal. Right now, businesses and organizations (including Salesforce) are entering that extended recovery and reopening phase, they said.To help, the company recently released a set of products to guide organizations in that process, including tools to track the employee health data and shift management software. "We'll continue to innovate around Work.com as we learn from our own efforts and those of our customers," Weaver said in the blog post.
- Best sound quality earphones in India
- Manchester City, PSG, Barcelona, AC Milan and other football clubs are launching crypto tokens to rein in more revenue
- Paytm ropes in Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan as bankers for upcoming IPO — there may be more along the way
- Best cable protector and wire organizer clips
- Best office chairs for working from home In India