Slack is down — it's not just you
- Slack is currently experiencing an outage, according to the company's status page.
- Slack says it is "investigating and will provide an update shortly."
- The workplace messaging service is used by thousands of workplaces around the world — especially amid the remote work boom.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Slack is currently experiencing an outage, according to the company's status page. The workplace chat app first reported issues at 4:53 pm PT, saying: "Users have reported general performance issues such message sending failures and timeouts."
At 5:02 p.m. PT, Slack updated the status and said "Users are unable to connect to Slack. We are investigating and will provide an update shortly."As of 5:43 p.m. PT, Slack said: "Some customers may be seeing improvements, but we're still investigating the connectivity issues." It expects to give another update in 30 minutes.
—Slack (@SlackHQ) May 13, 2020
Employees around the globe at organizations including Business Insider rely on Slack to communicate, organize tasks, and share information. Downdetector's live outage map showed a concentration of Slack outage reports in the west coast of the United States, in Japan, and in Australia.The timing of this outage comes when many people around the world are working remotely due to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus.
- Monero’s ‘Fluffypony’ joins John McAfee, Ross Ulbricht and Arthur Hayes behind bars — but for a non-crypto crime
- Dr Subhash Chandra reveals his plans of venturing into video in digital space
- IOB asks Union Bank to buy its stake in Malaysian bank
- Adani Group firm Adani Wilmar to raise ₹4,500 crore via IPO
- Travel portal Ixigo moves a step closer to IPO