Slack is down — it's not just you
- Slack is currently experiencing an outage, according to the company's status page.
- Slack says it is "investigating and will provide an update shortly."
- The workplace messaging service is used by thousands of workplaces around the world — especially amid the remote work boom.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Slack is currently experiencing an outage, according to the company's status page. The workplace chat app first reported issues at 4:53 pm PT, saying: "Users have reported general performance issues such message sending failures and timeouts."
At 5:02 p.m. PT, Slack updated the status and said "Users are unable to connect to Slack. We are investigating and will provide an update shortly."
As of 5:43 p.m. PT, Slack said: "Some customers may be seeing improvements, but we're still investigating the connectivity issues." It expects to give another update in 30 minutes.
More than 5,000 users reported having issues connecting to Slack at the time of publication, as reported on Downdetector.
—Slack (@SlackHQ) May 13, 2020
Employees around the globe at organizations including Business Insider rely on Slack to communicate, organize tasks, and share information. Downdetector's live outage map showed a concentration of Slack outage reports in the west coast of the United States, in Japan, and in Australia.
The timing of this outage comes when many people around the world are working remotely due to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus.Business Insider
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley