The 9 most unforgettable and effective startup pitches, according to investors at Goldman Sachs, Sapphire Ventures and Kleiner Perkins
- Explaining what your startup is all about in a face-to-face meeting with a VC is one of the toughest challenges for any startup founder or CEO.
- Having an impressive pitch deck is great, but that won't be enough if you don't wow a VC investor when you finally meet in person.
- We asked top VCs from Goldman Sachs, Kleiner Perkins, Sapphire Ventures, Intel Capital and Dell Technologies Capital about the most memorable and impressive startup pitches they've ever heard.
- They said the CEOs of these 9 startups killed it in their VC presentations.
- Click here for more BI Prime stories.
Convincing investors to finance your startup can be tough.
An impressive, fancy-looking pitch deck, packed with data on what you're building, could help. But in many cases, you need to sell your idea and your story in person.
It's that face-to-face meeting with the VCs you hope will be wowed by your story that will likely determine if you get the funding you need. And that's not always easy.
Making a presentation to VCs "is an art," Sapphire Ventures President Jai Das told Business Insider. "It's how well you narrate your story, how you create an option that a lot of people get interested in."
We asked executives from major VC firms about the most impressive startup pitches they've watched in their careers.
Here are the founders and execs from 9 startups who wowed top investors from Goldman Sachs, Sapphire Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Intel Capital, and Dell Technologies Capital:
Get the latest Goldman Sachs stock price here.
- Best Intel-powered laptops for school students
- Walmart helps Indian exporters to grow their marketplace in US and Canada
- Best Amazon deals on grooming essentials during Great Indian Festival sale
- Festive season is here! Explore the best Intel Laptops for Education
- Boom In Jobs: Corporate India goes on a hiring spree, IT sector leads the way