Why investors are starting to make big bets on Spinnaker, a Netflix-started software project that could be the next big thing in cloud computing
The first wave of cloud-computing startups focused on helping companies simply figure out how to operate in this new world of servers, rented from megaplayers like Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.Early-stage investors believe the next wave will focus on helping companies maximize their potential across different cloud providers.
According to project backers and venture capitalists, Spinnaker appears to be on the same trajectory that Kubernetes - the Google-created open-source technology that's become something of a standard in the cloud - was on just a few years ago.
Subscribe to read: Why investors are starting to make big bets on Spinnaker, a Netflix-started software project that could be the next big thing in cloud computing
- IndiGo narrow down its losses in Q3 — passenger capacity and airfare capping continues to hamper its business
- HP launches 'Smart Tank' series printers in India starting at ₹11,900
- Maruti Suzuki's Q3FY21 net profit rises over 24%
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine will work against UK and South Africa's variants, says study
- Mutant strain COVID-19 tally reaches 165 in India, says the Health Ministry