Noise joins the smart rings bandwagon as a new category emerges
- Ultrahuman and boAt have recently launched their
smart ringsin India.
- Noise has announced the Luna Ring, its premium
smart ringin the country.
- Samsung is reportedly working on
Galaxy Ring, a smart ring in collaboration with Japan’s Meiko.
- With increased interest among major companies, smart rings may soon become mainstream.
While smart rings are not a new concept, the device is now coming into the limelight as major companies are looking to enter this segment.
Noise announces Luna Ring
Noise is the latest company to foray into the smart ring segment. The company has announced the Luna Ring, a premium smart ring with a titanium body. The ring is capable of tracking over 70 health metrics, include heart rate, temperature and SpO2 levels. The Luna Ring is compatible with both, Android and iOS devices and comes with a 7-day battery life.
Ultrahuman, boAt unveil their smart rings
Ultrahuman, a Bengaluru-based startup launched the Ring Air, the company’s smart ring in June 2023 and boAt recently entered the segment with the launch of the boAt Smart Ring.
Samsung is reportedly working on the Galaxy Ring
A Korean website, The Elec recently reported that Samsung is working on its own “Galaxy Ring”. The South Korean smartphone maker already has a popular Galaxy Watch line-up and is scheduled to launch the Galaxy Watch 6 series at its upcoming Galaxy Unpacked event on July 26.
While it may be too early, Samsung may reveal some information about the Galaxy Ring at its upcoming event.
Samsung has reportedly partnered with Japan’s Meiko to develop the printed circuit board (PCB) for the smart ring.
Finnish health tech giant Oura is well known for its smart rings that provide continuous health monitoring and activity tracking. Oura’s Ring is currently not available in India.
How are smart rings different from smart watches?
The biggest difference between smartwatches and smart rings is the size. While smartwatches are usually the same size or even bigger than traditional watches, smart rings offer similar functionality in a compact form factor.
AdvertisementAt the same time, a smart ring misses out on a display, which allows users to get access to a lot of data by looking at their watch, without having to take out their phones.
Netweb Technologies IPO allotment – how to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
Ola S1 Air to hit Indian roads soon – price, features and everything you need to know
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5, Z Flip 5, Galaxy Watch Series 6 and more set to launch July-end
Popular on BI
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts
- IPL has given me confidence to remain calm under pressure: Rinku Singh
- GST collection surges to 8-month high in November
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- 10 Simple dietary changes to prevent heart disease