Exclusive: Asus ROG Flow X13 — company’s portable 2-in-1 gaming laptop will launch in India on May 12
Asus ROG Flow X13was first showcased at the CES 2021.
- The laptop is focused on gamers who want the ease and portability of a 2-in-1 ultrabook.
- It’s unclear if the company will launch the XG Mobile external GPU alongside the laptop.
Earlier this week, a source close to the matter told Business Insider India that Asus is planning to launch a premium laptop on May 12. The same source has now confirmed that the laptop model is its ultraportable gaming laptop — the ROG Flow X13. The laptop is a mix of a gaming laptop packed in a portable and lightweight 2-in-1 body with a flippable 360-degree touchscreen.
ROG Flow X13 - an ultraportable 2-in-1 gaming laptop
The Flow X13 made its global debut in January 2021, so its features are already known. It is a 13-inch gaming laptop that draws power from AMD's Ryzen 9 5980HS (top variant) mobile processor topped with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card. At CES, Asus revealed that it's using AMD's top binned CPUs for this model to ensure "highest quality silicon" for efficient performance.
The display measures 13.3-inches having a 16:10 aspect ratio with both touch and stylus input. The global variant comes with either a 1080p (Full HD) 120Hz or a 4K 60Hz display with support for adaptive sync, which is likely to be the case in India. The display is also topped with Corning Gorilla Glass for an added later protection.
The biggest highlight of the design is its ability to convert 360-degrees, which lets you use it as a regular laptop and a tablet as well. Another major highlight is its battery, which is said to last up to 18 hours, with 10 hours of expected battery life during continuous video playback. It comes with a 100 W USB Type-C PD charger which is claimed to charge 0 to 60% in around 39 minutes.
Guessing ROG Flow X13's price in India is a little tricky as Asus offers two configurations of the laptop in the US - one with the 5900HS and a 120Hz, 1,920x1,200-pixel display and the other with a 5980HS-based "Supernova" edition with a 3,840x2,400, 60Hz screen. Both the versions are bundled with XG Mobile priced at $3300 (approx Rs 2,44,475) for Supernova, $2800 (approx Rs 2,07,434) for the standard model, and it can also be bought separately (without XG Mobile) at $1500 (approx Rs 1,11,125).
Tim Cook hints Apple’s new iPad Pro and iMac with M1 chip may face a supply shortage
Google Assistant to get better at pronouncing names and having conversations
Popular on BI
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts