Here's where the big money will be made in virtual reality
Virtual reality may have gotten off to a rocky start this week with delays and delivery issues for the two early leaders, Facebook's Oculus Rift and HTC's Vive, but don't let that sour you on the idea.
According to Goldman Sachs, virtual reality and its cousin augmented reality, which shows up in things like Microsoft's HoloLens, will be a $35 billion annual industry by 2025. This chart from Statista breaks down the biggest uses, and video gaming takes the cake, followed by health care and engineering.
- Minority shareholders must grin and bear it when promoters wash dirty laundry in public
- 10 Superfoods to soothe acid reflux and heartburn naturally
- Window to address climate change closing rapidly: IUCN seven Commissions ahead of COP28
- Salman Khan receives threat again; his security reviewed
- BCCI extends contracts of Rahul Dravid and his support staff