'How much is Windows 10?': A cost breakdown of all three versions of Windows 10
- You can choose from three versions of the Windows 10 operating system.
- Windows 10 Home costs $139 and is suited for a home computer or gaming.
- Windows 10 Pro costs $199.99 and is suited for businesses or large enterprises.
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations costs $309 and is meant for businesses or enterprises that need an even faster and more powerful operating system.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Windows 10 Home
Windows 10 Home is well-suited for everyday tasks you might need a home computer to perform, as well as being a solid option for gaming. Standard communications apps such as Mail, Calendar, Photos, and Videos are included.
Windows 10 Home costs $139. Here's what it offers.
- Windows 10 supports a digital pen and touch support on enabled devices.
- Cortana is the Windows digital assistant. Use it to request information about weather, schedule appointments, search your computer files, and more.
- Android and iPhone devices are supported, so you can access supported mobile content from your PC.
- Device encryption is available on most modern devices.
- Firewall and network protection is built-in to help protect against malware threats, including ransomware.
- Windows Defender SmartScreen scans apps and internet content for a safer experience.
- Secure Boot prevents malware and other unauthorized programs from loading when Windows starts.
- Windows Defender Antivirus and parental controls are also available.
Windows 10 Pro
Windows 10 Pro includes all the features listed above, along with some that may be better suited for business and large enterprises. It also includes additional security and networking features.
Windows 10 Pro costs $199.99. Here's what else it offers.
- Dynamic provisioning allows you to easily customize a device to meet your organization's needs.
- Windows Update for Business offers greater control over Windows Update deployment.
- Group Policy support allows specific security and networking rules to be applied based on a user's access group.
- A Kiosk Mode can be set up quickly and easily for kiosk use.
- Assigned Access allows network administrators to designate specific applications to run based on a user's assigned permissions.
- Active Directory support allows IT staff to manage access to resources like files and shared printers for network users.
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations is a more advanced version of Windows 10 Pro, with faster data handling, more storage, and a new file system that finds and repairs faults.
This operating system is more suitable if your business or enterprise is dealing with large amounts of data and needs to store and process it quickly.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- Gautam Adani, the man who may soon be Asia's richest person, is a college dropout who survived the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks and says he was once kidnapped for ransom
- EY is offering scholarships to Indian college students worth ₹1 lakh with two months’ internship opportunity
- A man had severe, day-long migraines for 12 years and nothing worked. His doctors say they vanished after they prescribed leafy greens and cutting out red meat.
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days
- Over a million Ethereum tokens have been burned since the big upgrade, but transaction costs are still a pain point for the network
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- McDonalds India launches a contemporary rendition and continuation story of memorable campaign ‘Hum dono boyfriend-girlfriend hai kya’
- India to resume scheduled international flights from December 15, says Aviation Ministry