'Does Expedia price match?': How to use Expedia's 'Price Match Promise' to get the lowest fare
Expediaoffers a "Price Match Promise" for a sliding scale fee on selected flights.
- Expedia automatically checks for lower fares across airlines and allows customers to initiate their own checks.
- If a lower fare is found between the time you purchased your airfare and the date of your trip, Expedia will refund you the difference once you complete your itinerary.
Expedia offers all customers the option to price match on flights through its "Price Match Promise." Available for a fluctuating fee based on the cost of your booking, this price check service is carried out automatically by Expedia.
Although Expedia will automatically conduct daily price checks, travelers can also initiate a price check. Customers can do this by going to expedia.com/trips, accessing their itinerary, and clicking on the designated link. If a customer decides they no longer want the price match guarantee, they can cancel it online or through Expedia's Android and iPhone mobile apps for a full refund within 24 hours of purchase.
In the time between buying airline tickets and a trip, lower-cost flights may become available. If a customer changes their flight plans and the itinerary number remains the same, the Price Match Promise is still valid. However, if your new plans result in a different itinerary number, the purchased "promise" cannot be transferred or applied to your new itinerary number.
Travelers should also be aware that flight costs are sometimes misleading, making it important to know how Expedia calculates its price checks. The online
When a lower price is found during a price check, you will receive a refund of the difference between the lowest priced option and your original purchase — after all passengers traveling on that itinerary have completed the trip. If multiple lower prices are identified, Expedia will only issue one refund based on the lowest-cost flight found. That refund will then be issued as a credit to the person who purchased the ticket through their original form of payment.
Here's how you do it.
How to use Expedia's price matching service to get the lowest fare
1. To purchase a Price Match Promise, begin your Expedia booking.
2. Select your departure and arrival flights through the Expedia search results dashboard.
3. Once on the payment page, click on "Get money back on future price drops," located under the option to purchase flight insurance.
4. A drop-down with the price of the "Price Match Purchase" for your itinerary will appear. Move the slider to the right to add Price Match Promise to your trip.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns