Here’s how you can make voice and video calls from the Gmail app
- This saves users plenty of time as they do not have to send
Google Meetlink invites to start a call.
- However, this feature is only available for one-on-one calls and not group calls.
Earlier it was possible to have one-on-one calls via the Gmail app, but it required the users to send a meeting invitation as a link that would then be redirected to the Google Meet app. With the new feature rolling out, users will get regular phone calls and video call icons in Google Chat.
Although this seems like a small feature, it will help Google integrate its communication services into the Gmail app. If you wish to use the new feature, here’s how to do it.
How to make voice and video calls from the Gmail app
- Open the Gmail app.
- Click on the Google Chat tab and open the conversation with a user you wish to call.
- Now tap on the voice call or video call icon at the top-left corner.
- Once the other user accepts it, you can have the voice or video call right from the Gmail app.
While this feature can be used for one-on-one conversations, you will still have to use Google Meet links for group calls.
Users spend $133 billion on apps as Apple’s App Store continues to lead revenue shares
Investigation finds it takes only two clicks for teens to find drugs on Instagram
Popular on BI
- UN hosts high-level conference to advance Sustainable Development goals action
- Maruti Suzuki to discontinue petrol-powered cars in 10 years
- How to increase Google Pay limit in India
- UN encourages optimism in the face of adversity and calls for harnessing partnerships to achieve the SDGs
- Best OnePlus smartphone 2022: which OnePlus phone is best for you?