How the Google VPN service works to give Google One users added security online
VPN by Google Oneprovides extra security and anonymity whenever you're online via a private encryption connection.
- Google's VPN service hides your IP address so your activity can't be tracked online and protects your device against hackers when you're on an unsecured public network.
- The Google VPN costs $9.99 per month and is only available in the U.S.
Protecting yourself and your private data when you're online has never been more critical. One of the best ways to do this is via a virtual private network or VPN.Related Article Module: What is a VPN? How a Virtual Private Network can help protect your privacy online
VPNs create private internet connections across public networks, not only keeping your IP address confidential but ensuring that others can't gain access to your devices and allowing you to navigate the internet without being tracked.
Companies like NordVPN and ExpressVPN have offered a subscription-based VPN service for many years, but Google is getting in on the security game with its new VPN by
What is VPN by Google One
Available exclusively to people in the United States for $9.99 per month, those who purchase the monthly subscription get access to several services and online security benefits - all tied directly to your Google account.
That includes increased security, allowing you to download and stream via a private encrypted internet connection and protect against hackers on public networks such as a coffee shop or library's WiFi connection. Users also get a shielded IP address so that no one can track them by their location.
How the Google VPN works
Unlike some other VPN programs, using Google's VPN service doesn't require any special configuration.
Instead, it's accessed via the Google One app and can be turned on and off within the Benefits menu. Simply toggle the VPN option to the on position when you want to use it and tap again when you want to turn it off.
According to Google, the VPN won't slow down your internet connection, nor will it track or sell your browsing history or use your connection to personally identify you.
What you need to use the Google One VPN
At present, the Google VPN service is only available on
Using Google's VPN service requires you to have a paid Google One storage plan of 2 TB, with the service automatically included at no additional cost. It is easily accessible through the Google One app.
As an added feature, your Google One VPN connection can be set up simultaneously across six separate devices per plan, so long as the Google One app is installed on each of them.How to set up a VPN, or Virtual Private Network, to use the internet with more privacy and security How to set up a VPN, or Virtual Private Network, to use the internet with more privacy and security 'What is Google One?': Everything you need to know about Google's paid storage service How to stop Google from tracking you on any device
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- Internship at Bureau of Police Research & Development: Checkout all the details including last date, eligibility and stipend
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- Consumers expect healthcare sector to see an increased allocation in the 2022 budget as the pandemic rages on: Kantar report
- Bharat Electronics Limited is looking to fill up 247 posts with a maximum monthly salary of ₹55,000
- iPhone SE 3, new iPad and Macs — Here’s what to expect from Apple’s spring event this year
- There are huge discounts on Nykaa, Zomato and shares of other listed tech startups
- ICICI Bank shares are sulking with the rest of the market, but analysts say it could make a lot of money for investors