How to access your iCloud account on a PC in 2 different ways
- You can access
iCloudon a PCby going to the iCloud website and signing in with your Apple ID.
- You can also install the iCloud app on your desktop and configure how iCloud backs up and syncs files.
- You will likely rarely need the iCloud app and don't need to install it unless you want to change the default way iCloud syncs your devices.
iCloud is the cloud storage and cloud computing service for
But what if you're not an Apple die-hard and you've opted for a PC over a Mac? No need to worry as it's now possible for PC users to access iCloud on their computer, and you can do it in two ways.
You can open iCloud in a web browser to access all iCloud services from your desktop or use Apple's iCloud desktop app. You'll need to install the app before you can use it, but you can use the app to turn various iCloud features on or off once you do.
Here's how to access iCloud on your PC.
How to access iCloud on a PC using the iCloud app
1. Download and install iCloud for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store. If you are using an older version of Windows, get the iCloud app from Apple.com.
2. Restart your computer.
3. iCloud may start automatically. If it does not, click the Start button.
4. Then select start iCloud from the Start menu.
5. Sign in using your Apple ID.
6. Choose the features you want to back up and synchronize across your devices.
7. Click "Apply."
How to access iCloud on a PC using the iCloud website
1. Open iCloud.com in a web browser.
2. Sign in with your Apple ID if necessary.
3. Choose the app or service you want to use on your PC. You can read your iCloud mail, review calendar and contracts, or see your backed up photos from your phone or iPad, among other options.
4. To change your iCloud settings or check on your remaining iCloud storage space, click "Account Settings" under your account avatar.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to sign out of iCloud on all of your devices at once to keep your account secure
How to manage your iCloud storage on a Mac computer and buy additional gigabytes
How to change your iCloud password on your iPhone to protect your privacy
How to download photos from your iCloud onto your PC through the iCloud website
How to turn off iCloud storage on an iPhone in 2 ways, either altogether or for specific apps
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala