How to add a Thumbprint Radio station to Pandora and listen to all your favorite tracks in one place
- You can add a Thumbprint Radio station to your
Pandoraaccount using the Search tool.
- The Thumbprint Radio station features songs and artists you've given a thumbs-up, as well as similar
musicyou might like.
If you've used Pandora for a while, you know that you mark songs or artists that you like by giving them a thumbs up. Once you've thumbed-up enough tracks or artists, Pandora will automatically create a Thumbprint station for you.
The Thumbprint Radio station includes all of the music that you've thumbed-up. It'll also feature tracks and artists that are similar to what you've liked in the past, which makes Thumbprint stations a great way to find new music.
Here's how to add a Thumbprint station to your Pandora account.
What is Pandora's Thumbprint station
Unlike your Thumbprint Playlist, which only features your thumbed up songs, the Thumbprint Radio station is a mixture of content from practically any station type you've listened to.
This tailored radio station includes all tracks you've thumbed up for as long as you've had your account, as well as similar tracks and artists that you might also like but haven't yet discovered.
Quick tip: You can view the individual tracks that will end up on your Thumbprint Radio rotation by searching "Thumbprint Playlist" on Pandora's desktop site or mobile app.
If you want to access this specialty station, you'll need to have added at least three stations and have four thumbs upped tracks on each.
How to add a station on Pandora
Since you need to have a minimum number of stations on your "My Collection" page to be eligible for a custom-curated Thumbprint Radio station, you'll need to know how to add a station. Here are two quick and easy ways to do it.
- The Search bar. Use the search tool on the desktop site or the mobile app to search artists, albums, and specific tracks and add them to your "My Collection" tab.
- The Browse tab. Peruse a library of stations based on genre, popularity, release date, artist, or even moods and activities.
Once you've met the requirements for a Thumbprint Radio station, here's how to add it to your Pandora stations list.
How to add Thumbprint Radio to Pandora on the desktop site
1. Open Pandora in your chosen web browser and sign in, if you haven't already.
2. Using the search bar at the top of the player dashboard, type in "Thumbprint Radio."
3. In the list of results, run your cursor over the Thumbprint Radio icon, and when the Play icon appears on the station art, click it.
4. If the station begins to play, it's been added to your "My Collection" list.
Quick tip: If the station doesn't play, go back and add a few more stations or thumb up a few more songs and wait 24 hours to add it again.
How to add Thumbprint Radio to Pandora on the mobile app
1. Open the Pandora mobile app and log into your account, if you haven't already.
2. Tap the Search icon located in the app's bottom menu bar.
3. Type in "Thumbprint Radio" and wait for the station to appear in the results.
4. Tap the play icon to the right of the station result. It will automatically be added to your "My Collection" station list. If it doesn't play, then you haven't met the criteria for adding it.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to add stations to your Pandora account, and listen to music based on your favorite artists or songs
How to delete stations on Pandora using your computer or mobile device
How to make a playlist on Pandora using your computer or mobile device
How to download music from Pandora with a Pandora Premium subscription
What are Pandora Modes? Here's how to use the music streaming app's customized listening stations
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala