How to cast a Google Meet video call from your computer to a TV screen
- You can cast a
Google Meetvideo call from your computer to your TV if you have a Chromecastor Nestdevice.
- You can start casting a Google Meeting to your TV before or during the meeting itself.
- When casting, your TV will display the video for the Google Meeting, but you'll still be communicating through your computer's webcam and microphone.
Did you know that you can cast your Google Meet video call to your TV?
All you need is a computer, a TV, and a Chromecast or Nest device set up with casting enabled.
Here's how to cast your Google Meet video.
How to cast your Google Meet video before you've joined the meeting
1. From the "waiting room" area, before you've joined the Google Meeting, click on "Cast this meeting," which is located underneath the "Join now" and "Present" buttons.
- If this option does not appear, check to make sure your Chromecast or Nest device is working properly and paired with your computer.
2. A pop-up will appear in the upper right corner of your web browser, showing a list of all available casting devices. In the pop-up, click on the device you wish to cast to.
- If the device doesn't appear or lists a message saying "Source not supported," double-check that your Chromecast or Nest device is working properly and is set up for casting to the device you wish to cast to.
How to cast your Google Meet video while already in a Google Meeting
1. In the bottom right corner of your computer screen, click on the three vertical dots to open a menu.
2. In the menu that appears, click on "Cast this meeting."
3. A pop-up will appear in the upper right corner of your web browser, showing a list of all available casting devices. In the pop-up, click on the device you wish to cast to.
- Again, if the device doesn't appear, or if you see a message saying "Source not supported," check that your Chromecast or Nest device is working and set up for casting to the device in question.
Now you can join your Google Meeting and view its video on your TV. Keep in mind that you'll still be using your computer to project your own video and audio – only your display will shift to the TV.
To stop casting your Google Meeting, click on the three vertical dots in the bottom right corner of your screen, then click "Stop casting meeting" in the menu that appears.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to cast content on Amazon Prime Video from an Android to your smart TV
'What is Google Meet?': A guide to Google's video-chatting service, including pricing options and how to join a meeting
How to present in Google Meet to share your computer or phone screen with meeting members
How to use Google Meet on your iPhone to start or join a meeting, and access special features during a meeting
How to record a Google Meet video call in 5 steps, to rewatch or share the meeting later
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Best thin and light laptops in India for 2023
- India’s high valuations are justified, says Goldman Sachs citing rise of multibaggers and these other reasons
- Motorola Razr 40 Ultra vs Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 – Who wins the flip phone battle?
- India’s most disastrous train accidents in the past 20 years
- Crude oil prices may hit $100/bbl after OPEC+ decision, say analysts