How to change a playlist's name on Spotify using the desktop or mobile app
- You can change a playlist's name on both the
Spotifydesktop and mobile apps, but you will need to be the owner of the playlist.
- To change a playlist's name on the Spotify mobile app, first access it from the "Your Library" tab before selecting "Edit Playlist" from the three-dotted Settings menu.
- You can change a playlist name on the Spotify desktop app by selecting "Edit Details" from the three-dotted Settings menu directly under a playlist's title.
- If you don't see the "Edit Playlist" or "Edit Details" options, try refreshing the app — you don't have editing access for that playlist.
Playlist titles can be a form of self-expression, but sometimes inspiration just doesn't strike and you end up with something like, "Happy playlist" or even just a string of random letters.
If you use Spotify, you don't have to keep those placeholder titles. You can easily edit the names of your playlists. However, you can only edit playlists that you own.
Here's how to edit a Spotify playlist's name, using either the desktop version for Mac and PCs or the mobile app for
How to change a playlist name on Spotify using the desktop app
1. Open Spotify on your Mac or PC and log into your account, if necessary.
2. Open the playlist that you want to change the name of.
3. Click the three dots under the name of the playlist and select "Edit Details."
- Note: If you don't see this option, you don't have editing access for that playlist.
4. Add your new playlist name in the "Name" field, in addition to a description if desired.
5. Click "Save."
How to change a playlist name on Spotify using the mobile app
1. Open the
2. Tap the "Your Library" tab in the bottom toolbar, and tap the playlist you want to edit the name of.
3. Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen and select "Edit" or "Edit playlist."
4. Tap the title at the top and change it however you like, and then select "Save."
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds