How to change Alexa's voice, accent, or language - and get access to celebrity voices
- You can change the voice, accent, or language for your Alexa.
- You can also set your Alexa to speak slower, or use whisper mode, if desired.
- There are also celebrity personalities you can purchase to be the voice of your Alexa.
If you have
However, you should know that you can only change Alexa's language with specific devices, like the
With that in mind, here's how to make changes to Alexa's voice or language using either a voice command or the app.
How to change Alexa's voice on an Echo
1. Say "Alexa, change your voice."
2. Specify the device you want to change the voice for, if necessary.
3. Choose the new voice.
Note: You can only change Alexa's voice - not the language - using this voice command method.
How to change Alexa's voice or language on the Alexa app
1. Open the
2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
3. Tap Echo & Alexa.
4. Select your Echo device within the app.
5. Tap Language.
6. Choose the desired language or accent.
How to make Alexa whisper or speak less
1. Open the Alexa app.
2. Tap More, located in the bottom toolbar.
3. Select Settings.
4. Choose Voice Responses.
5. Toggle on the Whisper mode option for quieter responses, or toggle on Brief mode to have Alexa speak less.
How to make Alexa speak slower
You can make Alexa speak slower by saying the voice command "Alexa, talk slower." And of course you'd say "Alexa, talk faster" if you want that effect. When you're ready, say "Alexa, go back to your default speed" to reset the response speed.
Alexa celebrity voices
If you get tired of Alexa's default voices, there are more options. For $4.99, you can also purchase certain celebrity voices, like those from Samuel L. Jackson, Melissa McCarthy, and Shaquille O'Neal, to voice your Alexa.
Note: Not every response will be voiced by the celebrity - for answers to more complex questions, Alexa's voice will take over.
Here's how to access those options:
1. Say "Alexa, introduce me to [celebrity name]."
2. You'll be directed to purchase that celebrity personality for your Alexa. Approve the purchase to start using the personality.
Important: Celebrity voices don't work with first-generation Echo and
Alternatively, you can also purchase the celebrity personality for your Alexa via Amazon.com. Once set up, you can then use the celebrity's first name instead of saying "Alexa" for voice commands.How to connect your Spotify account to Alexa on your Amazon smart speaker'Can Alexa play YouTube?': Not directly - here's how to play YouTube on an Alexa-enabled speaker with a Bluetooth-paired deviceHow to set up and use the Alexa app on your iPhone'Does Alexa work with a Samsung Galaxy S10?': Yes, it does - here's how to make Alexa your new digital assistant
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Meet the newest employee at Elon Musk's SpaceX. He's 14.
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Srinagar
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar