How to change your Google Assistant settings to personalize how the AI assistant works on your device
Google Assistantsettings can be configured whether you use an Android device or an iPhone or iPad.
- If you have an Android, just say "Hey Google, open Assistant settings" to access your settings.
- You can train Google to better understand your voice if you use an Android device, but the same Voice Match features are not available on iOS or iPadOS.
Whether you use Google Assistant on your Android device, iPhone, or iPad, the Google Assistant settings are easy to find and offer a wealth of options for customizing your experience. If you have more than one Google account, you can also customize the way Google Assistant behaves for each one.
How to open and change Google Assistant settings on Android
To start Google Assistant settings, do this:
1. On your Android device, start the Settings app.
2. Tap Apps.
3. Tap Assistant.
4. Tap See all Assistant Settings.
5. If you use more than one Google account, you should choose the account you want to customize. At the top of the page under your Google account icon, tap the dropdown arrow and choose the account you want to configure.
Quick tip: Instead of opening the Settings app, you can immediately open Google Assistant settings by saying, "Hey Google, open Assistant settings."
There are a large number of settings you can modify to customize the way Google Assistant works, including training it to understand your voice, choosing the Assistant's language, whether Google Assistant will respond when the screen is locked, and many other options. Scroll down the page to see all your choices.
1. To get the best performance from Google Assistant, one important setting is to train it to recognize your voice.
2. On the Assistant Settings page in the Popular Settings section near the top of the page, tap Hey Google & Voice Match.
3. Make sure Hey Google is on (the button should be swiped to the right).
4. Tap Voice model.
5. Tap Retrain voice model and then speak each of the four sample phrases.
6. Tap Finish.
How to open and change Google Assistant settings on iPhone or iPad
1. On your iOS device, start the
2. At the top right, tap your Google account icon.
3. If you use more than one Google account, choose the account you want to customize. Under your Google account icon, tap the dropdown arrow and choose the account you want to configure.
There are a lot of settings you can modify to customize the way Google Assistant works, including choosing the Assistant's language, which streaming service to use if you ask Google to play music, what Google Assistant should call you, and many other options. Scroll down the page to see all your choices.
Note: The Voice Match features available on Android devices are not available on iOS or iPadOS.
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months