How to change your name on Zoom before or during a meeting
- You can change your name on
Zoomeven if you've already started a meeting.
- If your meeting hasn't started yet, you can change your name in the profile section of your account using the Zoom website or the desktop or mobile app.
- If the Zoom meeting has already started, you can change your name via the "Participants" section.
With our growing reliance on virtual tools, like video conferencing, it's become increasingly important to keep your accounts up to date.
If you've changed your name, you're probably eager to update it across the internet. That can be a daunting task, but when it comes to Zoom, it's easily accomplished.
Here's how to get it done, either before a Zoom meeting, or during one.
How to change your name on Zoom before a meeting
There are a few places you can change your name on Zoom: the website, the desktop app, or the mobile app.
On the Zoom website
1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
2. Click Profile in the left sidebar.
3. Click Edit, located to the right of your name.
4. Enter your full name and Display Name. The latter is what you'll display for other users in a meeting.
5. Scroll down and click Save.
From the same page, you can also update things like your pronouns, job title, location, and company.
On the desktop app
1. Open the app and log into your account, if needed.
2. Click your profile icon, located in the top-right corner of the window.
3. Select My Profile from the dropdown menu - this will prompt a pop-up window to open.
4. Click Edit, located to the right of your name.
5. Enter your desired name.
6. Click Save.
On the mobile app
2. Select Settings, located on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Select the banner with your name and email address at the top of the screen.
4. Tap Display Name.
5. Enter your desired name and/or display name and tap Save.
How to change your name on Zoom during a meeting
You can also change your name after a meeting has already started on the desktop or mobile app. Just keep in mind that if you're going through the website, you will be redirected to use the desktop app (in which case you would simply continue on from step two):
1. Select Participants, located in the bottom toolbar of the meeting window.
2. Hover over your name and select More (desktop), or tap your name (mobile).
3. Click or tap Rename.
4. Enter your desired name and click Rename (desktop) or Done (mobile).
You should know that meeting hosts can turn off the option to update your name after the meeting has begun. So if you aren't seeing the option to update your name, that could be one explanation.What is Zoom? A comprehensive guide to the wildly popular video-chatting service for computers and smartphonesHow to change your background on Zoom so people on your video call can't see inside your homeHow to change your personal Meeting ID in Zoom to make it easier for others to join your meetingsHow to delete your Zoom account and permanently terminate your profile on the desktop site
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer