How to change your nickname and username on Discord
- You can change your nickname on a
Discordserver by editing your server profile.
- You can also change your nickname within a Discord chat using the slash command.
- Changing your username will change it for all servers on Discord.
In real life, nicknames have a way of sticking with us — even if we don't necessarily love them.
But on Discord, nicknames are a choice built into the many options users have for customizing their experience on the platform. And you can change them anytime, provided your role on the server has the permission to do so.
Quick tip: You can also change your username if you want to use the same name across multiple servers.
How to change your nickname on a Discord server
1. Log into your Discord account on your Mac or PC and choose the desired server in the left sidebar.
2. In the right-most panel with the list of server members, right-click on your username and select Edit Server Profile.
3. Enter your new nickname in the text field and click on Save Changes.
Alternatively, if you don't mind a more public process, you could use the slash command "/nick" followed by your desired nickname, within a chat for that server, to quickly change it.
Quick tip: if your role on the server has the permission for Manage Nickname, you can change another server member's nickname the same way you change your own.
How to change your username on Discord
You can also change your username for all servers instead of changing only your nickname for a particular server.
1. Open Discord and log into your account.
2. Select the gear icon, located in the bottom-left section of the screen, just to the right of your current username.
3. Click Edit next to your username information.
4. Enter your new username and current password in the corresponding fields, then click Done.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade