How to clean your AirPods and their case to improve audio quality and kill germs
- To clean your
AirPods, you'll need a lint-free cloth, some water and alcohol, and a fine-edged tool like a toothpick to dig out earwax. Cleaningyour AirPods can help them sound better, as well as reduce the amount of germs you're touching each day.
- When cleaning your AirPods and their case, be careful not to get water or alcohol inside the devices.
AirPods are probably the most popular
Not only do AirPods get clogged up with earwax, but there's also the grime they accumulate when they're lost under your car seat. And of course, anything that you touch every day will fill up with germs and grease anyway.Fortunately, cleaning your AirPods and their case is easy.
How to clean your AirPods
To clean the earbuds, you'll need a soft lint-free cloth, and a tool with a fine end.For the cloth, we recommend buying a "microfiber" cloth. The fine-edged tool can be a toothpick, dental floss stick, bobby pin, needle, or another household item - if you don't want to use something sharp, a cotton swab works too.
1. Wipe the outside of the earbuds with the lint-free cloth, lightly dampened with water.2. Use another dry lint-free cloth to dry the earbuds, being careful not to get liquid in any of the openings. 3. To tackle earwax that's stuck in the earbuds' speaker hole, grab your fine-edged tool or dry cotton swab. Carefully dig out the earwax, making sure to focus around the edges of the speaker. If you're using a sharp object, be careful not to cut yourself or pierce the speaker.
If you have
1. Remove the silicone tips that cover your AirPods Pro earbuds and rinse them in water. Don't add soap, or any other household cleaner.2. Wipe them dry with a soft, lint-free cloth, making sure they're totally dry.
3. Once they're dry, reattach them to the AirPods.
Quick tip: To remove the tips of an AirPod Pro, pull firmly from the base of the tip, where it's connected to the earbud.To reattach it, align the tip with the oval-shaped connectors on the earbud's speakers and firmly push it in. This may take a few tries, but once you've aligned the connectors, it should attach easily with a click.
The caseBefore you clean the AirPods' case, remove the AirPods.
1. Use a dry lint-free cloth to wipe the outside of the case. For tougher spots, you can dampen the cloth a bit with alcohol, but be sure to dry the spots afterwards. Make sure not to get any moisture inside the case's AirPod holders, or in the charging port.2. To remove debris from the charging port, use a soft bristle brush.
3. To clean the inside of the case, use a soft bristle brush or a soft toothbrush - the bristles will help dig dirt out of the nooks and crannies inside of the case.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Brands like Burberry and Armani as well as online retail help Asia’s second richest man bag record retail profit
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly budget session between Feb 22-Mar 26
- Reliance Industries Oct-Dec 2020 earnings were below estimates
- Reliance Jio’s profit grows 15% but new subscribers are the lowest in 7 quarters
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80