How to clear the app cache on your Android tablet in 5 simple steps to make apps run more efficiently
- You can clear the app
cacheon your Android tabletto free up space on the device and help solve app performance issues.
- To clear your app cache, go to the "Storage" tab in the settings menu on your device.
- You must clear the cache of each app individually, as there is no option to clear all apps simultaneously.
While your Android tablet likely runs smoothly most of the time, there may come a time when your device begins to run out of space or an app begins malfunctioning or not working as well as it used to. When either of these things happens, clearing the app cache on your tablet can help, as the cache holds all the data the app has stored throughout its use.
The process of clearing your app cache is simple and straightforward, though it should be noted that you will need to clear the cache of each app individually as there's no way to perform this action across all apps simultaneously. However, if you have a particular app that is having issues or that you know is data-heavy, it might help to start there first.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to clear the cache on your Android tablet apps
1. On your tablet's home screen, tap the "Settings" button.
2. Tap "Storage."
3. In the "Storage" menu, tap either "Internal Storage" or "Other Apps" depending on your device.
4. Find the application you want to clear the cache of and tap it.
5. Tap "Clear cache."
Repeat this process for each app you'd like to clear the cache on. Note that the next time you use the app, it will have to redownload all relevant data and info from scratch as it's no longer saved on the device itself.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO