How to clear the app cache on your Android tablet in 5 simple steps to make apps run more efficiently
- You can clear the app
cacheon your Android tabletto free up space on the device and help solve app performance issues.
- To clear your app cache, go to the "Storage" tab in the settings menu on your device.
- You must clear the cache of each app individually, as there is no option to clear all apps simultaneously.
While your Android tablet likely runs smoothly most of the time, there may come a time when your device begins to run out of space or an app begins malfunctioning or not working as well as it used to. When either of these things happens, clearing the app cache on your tablet can help, as the cache holds all the data the app has stored throughout its use.
The process of clearing your app cache is simple and straightforward, though it should be noted that you will need to clear the cache of each app individually as there's no way to perform this action across all apps simultaneously. However, if you have a particular app that is having issues or that you know is data-heavy, it might help to start there first.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (From $129.99 at Samsung)
How to clear the cache on your Android tablet apps
1. On your tablet's home screen, tap the "Settings" button.
2. Tap "Storage."
3. In the "Storage" menu, tap either "Internal Storage" or "Other Apps" depending on your device.
4. Find the application you want to clear the cache of and tap it.
5. Tap "Clear cache."
Repeat this process for each app you'd like to clear the cache on. Note that the next time you use the app, it will have to redownload all relevant data and info from scratch as it's no longer saved on the device itself.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to clear the cache on a Microsoft Edge browser to make it run more efficiently
How to clear the cache on your Chromebook to keep your computer running smoothly
How to clear the cache on your Android phone to make it run faster
How to turn off parental controls on your Android device in 2 ways
How to find passwords stored on your Android phone, and export or delete them
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala