How to clear the Bluetooth cache on your phone or tablet to fix issues with your connection
- You can clear the Bluetooth
cacheon your smartphone or tablet to fix issues with your Bluetoothconnection.
- On an
iPhoneor iPad, clear the Bluetooth cache by unpairing all your Bluetooth devices and then restarting the device.
- On an Android device, you can unpair your devices, but you can also clear the cache more thoroughly through the Apps menu.
If you're having trouble pairing a new Bluetooth device, or staying connected to one you've already paired with, it might mean the Bluetooth cache on your device has been corrupted.Luckily, clearing the Bluetooth cache is easy to do, and should solve common connectivity issues. Here's how to do it on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
How to clear the Bluetooth cache on an iPhone or iPad1. Open the Settings app and tap Bluetooth.
After your iPhone or iPad restarts, the Bluetooth cache will be cleared and you can re-pair your devices to use them again.
How to clear the Bluetooth cache on an Android phone or tablet1. Start the Settings app. 2. Tap Connections and then tap Bluetooth.
3. If you're having trouble with a specific device that's already paired, find it in the Paired Devices list and tap the gear icon to its right, then tap Unpair.
4. If your problem with Bluetooth is more general - for example, you can't pair any new devices - unpair every Bluetooth device in the Paired Devices list. (You'll need to re-pair them again later.)There's also a more thorough way of clearing the Bluetooth cache by going through the Apps menu.
1. Open the Settings app, or go back to the main settings page.
2. Tap Apps.3. Tap the menu icon and then choose Show system apps.
5. Tap Storage.6. Tap Clear cache.
Now, restart your Android device to pair your devices to use Bluetooth again.'What is Bluetooth?': A beginner's guide to the wireless technology Why won't my Bluetooth device connect?: How to fix common Bluetooth connection issues No, Bluetooth doesn't use cellular data - here's how the popular wireless technology connects your devices How to change the name of a Bluetooth device on your iPhone
- Cannes Lions 2021: On Day 3, Dentsu Webchutney brings home 2 Silver Lions
- Best laptop for students in India in 2021
- Twitter rolls out new update for iOS allowing users to share tweets to Instagram stories
- If you are vaccinated, IndiGo Airlines is giving discounts on airfares
- Microsoft joins Apple in $2 Trillion Club