How to clear the cache on your Nintendo Switch to delete unneeded files and help the system run smoothly
- To clear the
cacheon your Nintendo Switch, head to the "System Settings" menu.
- Clearing the cache on your Switch can free up storage space and help the system run more smoothly.
- When you clear the cache on your
Switch, you'll lose the passwords saved on your system.
If you're lucky enough to have been gaming with a Nintendo Switch all summer, then it's probably time to clear the system's cache.
When you go too long without clearing out your Switch's cache of stored data and temporary files, it can affect how the device runs.
So whether you're ready to resell your Switch, or simply want to bring it back up to speed, here's how you can clear your cache through your Switch's settings.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to clear the cache on a Nintendo Switch
1. Turn on your
2. From the list of options at the bottom of the screen, select "System Settings" — it's the icon that looks like a gear.
3. In the left sidebar, scroll to the bottom and click "System."
4. Scroll to the bottom of that menu to select "Formatting Options."
5. "Reset Cache" will appear at the very top. Click it. You'll be prompted to close any open games or apps — click "Close" if you're asked to.
6. Click "Reset" to finalize.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Minority shareholders must grin and bear it when promoters wash dirty laundry in public
- 10 Superfoods to soothe acid reflux and heartburn naturally
- Window to address climate change closing rapidly: IUCN seven Commissions ahead of COP28
- Salman Khan receives threat again; his security reviewed
- BCCI extends contracts of Rahul Dravid and his support staff