How to clear the cache on your Nintendo Switch to delete unneeded files and help the system run smoothly
- To clear the
cacheon your Nintendo Switch, head to the "System Settings" menu.
- Clearing the cache on your Switch can free up storage space and help the system run more smoothly.
- When you clear the cache on your Switch, you'll lose the passwords saved on your system.
If you're lucky enough to have been gaming with a Nintendo Switch all summer, then it's probably time to clear the system's cache.When you go too long without clearing out your Switch's cache of stored data and temporary files, it can affect how the device runs.Advertisement
So whether you're ready to resell your Switch, or simply want to bring it back up to speed, here's how you can clear your cache through your Switch's settings.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to clear the cache on a Nintendo Switch
1. Turn on your
3. In the left sidebar, scroll to the bottom and click "System." 4. Scroll to the bottom of that menu to select "Formatting Options."Advertisement
5. "Reset Cache" will appear at the very top. Click it. You'll be prompted to close any open games or apps — click "Close" if you're asked to.Advertisement
6. Click "Reset" to finalize.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- India eases visa restrictions for foreign and Indian nationals: Here's a look at the new guidelines
- Bacardi will soon sell its rum, gin, vodka in biodegradable bottles
- Indian Oil board to consider issuing bonds and debentures for raising up to ₹20,000 crore
- Nourish your plants with cocopeat
- Dr Reddy's shares fell over 3% — the drug maker isolated all data service centers after a cyber attack