How to connect a wireless mouse to your computer in a few simple steps
- You can connect a
wireless mouseusing Bluetoothon a Macor PC in a few simple steps.
- A wireless
mousecan be a helpful alternative to the trackpad on your laptop or a wired USB mouse.
In some cases when using a laptop, particularly for gaming or other intensive tasks, the trackpad simply will not cut it. Or you may need more flexibility and space than a wired mouse grants you on a desktop computer.
Your best bet in either case is to connect to a wireless mouse.
Fortunately, connecting a wireless mouse to a Mac or PC is a breeze with Bluetooth technology.
Here's how both Mac and PC users can give the trackpad a much-needed rest and go wireless with their computer.
How to connect a wireless mouse to a Mac
1. Put your wireless mouse in pairing mode if it isn't already. Generally, a light will be on or flashing to indicate that it's ready to pair.
2. Open the "System Preferences" app on your Mac - the silver icon with a gear cog.
3. Click "Bluetooth" from the options list.
4. You should see the mouse appear under "Devices." Click "Connect."
5. "Connected" will appear under the name of the device to indicate the mouse's Bluetooth paired with your Mac and is ready to use.
How to connect a wireless mouse to PC
1. Make sure that the mouse is in pairing mode. Check the instructions that came with your wireless mouse if you're unsure about how to put it into Bluetooth pairing mode.
2. Enable Bluetooth on your PC by toggling it on the "Bluetooth & other devices" menu of your Settings app.
2. Return to the "Settings" app landing page and click "Devices."
2. Click "Add Bluetooth or other devices."
3. When prompted for the kind of device you're adding, click "Bluetooth."
4. On the "Add a device" page, you should see the wireless mouse listed. Select the mouse and it will automatically pair.
5. Wait for your PC to let you know when the device is ready to use.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma steps down as Paytm Payments Bank Chairman
- Goa partners with World Bank to tackle sea level rise, coastal erosion and other climate change-related hazards
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route