How to connect Spotify to Alexa, and set Spotify as your default music player
- You can connect Spotify to Alexa via the
Alexa appto play music with voice commands.
- You can make Spotify your default music player to avoid having to say "On Spotify" in voice commands.
- If desired, you can disconnect Spotify from Alexa via either the Alexa app or the Spotify website.
If you use Alexa to play music via voice command, you can connect your Spotify account to Alexa so that all your music automatically plays from Spotify rather than another music streaming source. Here's what you'd need to do.
How to connect Spotify to Alexa
1. Open the Alexa app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android.
2. Tap the More icon.
3. Select Settings.
4. Choose Music & Podcasts.
5. If you don't see Spotify listed, choose Link new service. Otherwise continue to the next step.
6. Select Spotify, followed by Link account to Alexa.
7. Tap Enable to use and log in to your Spotify account.
Quick tip: Spotify is supported on the following devices that use the Alexa virtual assistant:
How to set up Spotify as default music player with Alexa
If you don't want to have to add the phrase "On Spotify" to your voice commands when playing music, you can make Spotify the default player:
1. Open the Alexa app.
2. Tap the More tab in the bottom toolbar.
3. Hit Settings.
4. Choose Music & Podcasts.
5. Tap Default Services.
6. Tap Change next to the existing default music player, then select Spotify and then hit Done.
Note: This method doesn't work for podcasts, so you'd still need to specify that you wanted a particular podcast to be played via Spotify in voice commands.
How to disconnect Spotify from Alexa
You can either disconnect Spotify from Alexa via the Alexa app, or on the Spotify website.
On the Alexa app:
1. Open the Alexa mobile app, and tap More.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Music & Podcasts.
4. The Music & Podcasts page lists all the services currently connected to your Alexa (and lets you link new services as well). Find Spotify in the list and tap it.
5. On the Spotify details page, tap Disable Skill and confirm your choice.
On the Spotify website:
1. In a web browser on your Mac or PC, go to the Spotify website and log in to your account.
2. Click Profile in the upper-right corner and then select Account.
3. In the list on the left, click Apps.
4. Find Alexa in the list of apps with access to your Spotify information, and then click Remove Access. Confirm your choice.How to set up and use the Alexa app on your iPhone'Can Alexa play YouTube?': Not directly - here's how to play YouTube on an Alexa-enabled speaker with a Bluetooth-paired deviceHow to connect Alexa to a Roku device, so you can control your Roku with voice commands'Does Alexa work with a Samsung Galaxy S10?': Yes, it does - here's how to make Alexa your new digital assistant
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder
- Climate change threatening tea sector globally: ITA
- Over 23,000 techies lose jobs in nearly 82 Indian startups to date
- Scientists create car parts from lemons, corn, almonds and pomegranates that are better than traditional parts
- Cabinet clears dearness allowance hike by 4%