How to connect Spotify to Alexa, and set Spotify as your default music player
- You can connect Spotify to Alexa via the
Alexa appto play music with voice commands.
- You can make Spotify your default music player to avoid having to say "On Spotify" in voice commands.
- If desired, you can disconnect Spotify from Alexa via either the Alexa app or the Spotify website.
If you use Alexa to play music via voice command, you can connect your Spotify account to Alexa so that all your music automatically plays from Spotify rather than another music streaming source. Here's what you'd need to do.
How to connect Spotify to Alexa
2. Tap the More icon.
3. Select Settings.
4. Choose Music & Podcasts.
5. If you don't see Spotify listed, choose Link new service. Otherwise continue to the next step.
6. Select Spotify, followed by Link account to Alexa.
7. Tap Enable to use and log in to your Spotify account.
Quick tip: Spotify is supported on the following devices that use the Alexa virtual assistant:
How to set up Spotify as default music player with Alexa
If you don't want to have to add the phrase "On Spotify" to your voice commands when playing music, you can make Spotify the default player:
1. Open the Alexa app.
2. Tap the More tab in the bottom toolbar.
3. Hit Settings.
4. Choose Music & Podcasts.
5. Tap Default Services.
6. Tap Change next to the existing default music player, then select Spotify and then hit Done.
Note: This method doesn't work for podcasts, so you'd still need to specify that you wanted a particular podcast to be played via Spotify in voice commands.
How to disconnect Spotify from Alexa
You can either disconnect Spotify from Alexa via the Alexa app, or on the Spotify website.
On the Alexa app:
1. Open the Alexa mobile app, and tap More.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Music & Podcasts.
4. The Music & Podcasts page lists all the services currently connected to your Alexa (and lets you link new services as well). Find Spotify in the list and tap it.
5. On the Spotify details page, tap Disable Skill and confirm your choice.
On the Spotify website:
1. In a web browser on your Mac or PC, go to the Spotify website and log in to your account.
2. Click Profile in the upper-right corner and then select Account.
3. In the list on the left, click Apps.
4. Find Alexa in the list of apps with access to your Spotify information, and then click Remove Access. Confirm your choice.How to set up and use the Alexa app on your iPhone'Can Alexa play YouTube?': Not directly - here's how to play YouTube on an Alexa-enabled speaker with a Bluetooth-paired deviceHow to connect Alexa to a Roku device, so you can control your Roku with voice commands'Does Alexa work with a Samsung Galaxy S10?': Yes, it does - here's how to make Alexa your new digital assistant
- RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries
- I quit buying from Amazon 4 years ago. I get better deals on products elsewhere but still have to use their services.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO