How to convert HEIC files to JPG on a Mac computer, so you can upload photos to websites in a supported format
- You can convert HEIC
filesto JPG on your Macusing the Preview app.
- High Efficiency Image Container (HEIC) files are a relatively new format for
images, videos, and multimedia said to have smaller file sizes compared to the standard JPG.
- Apple started using HEIC with its iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra software updates.
- Some websites don't allow HEIC images to be uploaded and require you to convert it into a JPG.
If you have an iPhone, you probably have noticed that many of your photos are saved as HEIC files - High Efficiency Image Containers. HEIC files are typically smaller than average JPG or PNG files. However, many websites do not support the upload of HEIC files. Apple introduced HEIC files with its iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra software updates.
Fortunately, converting HEIC images into the JPG format is easy if you have a Mac computer. You don't have to download any extra software - converting it can be done in just a few steps using Preview.
How to convert HEIC to JPG on Mac
1. Open Preview on your Mac. You can find Preview by searching for it using Spotlight Search (Command + Space).
2. Find and select the HEIC file you want to convert.
3. Select "Open."
4. The HEIC file should now be open in Preview. To convert it, click "File" from the toolbar at the top of the screen, and select "Export" in the dropdown menu.
5. A pop-up menu will appear with the file's details. Select the arrows next to where it says "Format."
6. In the dropdown menu, select "JPEG."
7. Change the name of the file if you wish using the textbox at the top. You can also change where the file will be saved using the dropdown menu next to "Where. "
8. Once you've selected "JPEG" as the format, select "Save."
9. The JPG file will now be saved to the designated folder.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- At least 21 people, mostly teens, were found dead in a South Africa bar. None of them had any visible wounds.
- Lay’s, Kurkure and Bingo are taking over Indian snacks like Aloo Bhujia, Murukku
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Meet Akash Ambani — new chairman of Reliance Jio and owner of Mumbai Indians
- Best apps for Instagram hashtags and captions
- Akash Ambani to head Reliance Jio - that’s just phase I of Mukesh Ambani’s succession plan
- Maha crisis: Thackeray appeals to the rebels to come back
- Tata Motors to increase price of its commercial vehicle segment from July 1