How to create an email template in Outlook to save time in formatting
- You can easily create an email template in
Outlookby creating a new email and accessing the menu for templates.
- You can create multiple templates, which can be accessed later in the same area that they were created.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Email templates can be a saving grace if you find that you have a lot of repetitive tasks at work. If you're an Outlook user, the process of creating and using those templates is quick and easy.
Just keep in mind that you can only create the body copy — all other information, like the intended recipient (or recipients), attachments and subject line will still need to be manually added after you've customized the template.
With that in mind, here's how to create an email template in Outlook.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $469.99 at Walmart)
How to create an email template in Outlook
1. Open Outlook and log into your account, if needed.
2. Click "New Message" in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Click the three dots in the lower menu of the new email.
4. Select "Templates."
5. Click "+ Template."
6. Add your title and create the body copy for your template.
7. Click "Save."
You'd then be able to access your template each time you created a new email by clicking those three dots, selecting "Templates" and then choosing your desired template.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to forward emails from Outlook to another account by creating a 'rule' that does it for you automatically
How to add a signature in Microsoft Outlook in 2 different ways
How to use Bcc in Microsoft Outlook to send emails privately to multiple people
How to set up an Outlook email account on your iPhone in the Mail app
How to delete your Outlook account in 2 different ways
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the red tracking global cues: Adani Ports, Coal India, Mazagon Dock among stocks to watch
- Nifty headed for lifetime high in June, analysts recommend capitalising on dips
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit