How to create and set a live wallpaper on your iPhone or Android
- You can make a live wallpaper on
iPhoneusing live photosor on Androidusing a third-party app.
- If you want to convert a video to a live wallpaper on either iPhone or Android, you'll need a separate app.
- Those who want to use a video from TikTok or a GIF will have to convert them to live photos first.
If you're looking for a way to customize your phone, the wallpaper and lockscreen are great places to start.
Here's what you need to know to get it done.
How to make a live wallpaper
To make a live wallpaper, simply choose a live photo and set it as the wallpaper on your phone. When you hold your finger down on the lock screen, the live photo will animate.
1. Go into your Settings app.
2. Choose Wallpaper.
3. Select Choose a New Wallpaper.
4. To choose a live photo, tap Live in the options at the top of the screen and then choose a live photo.
5. Alternatively, you can also scroll down and tap your Live Photos album and then select a live photo to use as your wallpaper.
6. If desired, you can then tap Set and choose Set Lock Screen or Set Both for your new wallpaper.
You'll need a third-party app to set up a live wallpaper on an Android. Here's how to do it using the Video to Wallpaper app:
1. Open the Video to Wallpaper app.
2. Tap the plus + sign, located in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap Choose and then select your desired video and tap Ok.
4. Select Apply and then Ok to continue.
5. Choose Video to Wallpaper from the list and then Set Wallpaper.
6. Choose to apply the live wallpaper to just your homescreen or your homescreen and lock screen.
How to convert videos or GIFs into live photos
If you have an iPhone and there are videos that you want to turn into live wallpapers, you have options. However, you'll have to first convert those videos to live photos. From there, you'll be able to find the live photo in your library and set it as your wallpaper.
Convert TikTok videos:
1. Open TikTok and navigate to the video you want to use.
2. Tap the Share icon, which looks like a curved arrow.
3. Tap Live Photo.
1. Open the GIPHY app and find the GIF you want to use.
2. Tap the three-dot icon and choose Convert to Live Photo.
3. Select Save as Live Photo (Full Screen) or Save as Live Photo (Fit to Screen).
Convert videos with third-party apps:
1. Download the VideoToLive app and open it.
Quick tip: You'll have to give the VideoToLive app permission to access your videos to use it to make live photos.
2. Select the desired video.
3. Use the tool at the bottom of the screen to trim the video to the desired length.
4. Choose your cover photo, if desired.
5. Tap Convert.How to save, view, and share GIFs on your iPhone or iPadHow to make a GIF on your iPhone, using a Live Photo or GIPHYHow to wipe an Android device of your personal data if you plan to sell it or give it awayHow to use Android's 'Messages for web' feature to send and receive texts from a web browser on any device
- US again vetoes UNSC resolution calling for immediate Gaza ceasefire
- Putin praises Modi for his tough policies; says he is 'main guarantor' of steady Russia-India relationship
- "World recognizes that there's no option but to come to India for a large demand": Piyush Goyal
- EU reaches provisional agreement on landmark AI Act, a global first
- Green Bonds and Sustainable Finance