How to deactivate and delete your Uber account
- You can easily delete your
Uberaccount from the mobile app.
- When you delete an Uber account, it is deactivated for 30 days before being permanently deleted.
- You can always reactivate your account during the 30-day deactivation period by logging back in.
Luckily, deleting your Uber account only takes a few minutes. Here's how to do it through the Uber mobile app for iPhone or Android.
How to delete your Uber account
1. Open the Uber app on your device.
2. In the upper-left corner of your screen, tap the icon of three horizontal lines to reveal a list of menu options.
3. Towards the bottom of the menu, tap the Settings option.
4. Scroll down and select Privacy.
5. At the bottom of the Privacy page, tap Delete Your Account.
6. Next, you'll be asked to verify your identity by re-entering the email and password connected to your Uber account. If you don't have SMS texting enabled on your account, you'll be asked to turn it on by sending a text to the provided phone number.
7. Once you've enabled SMS texting on your Uber account, enter the code that was texted to you in the Verification Code text box, and hit Verify.
8. You will then be taken to a screen confirming that your account will be deactivated immediately. It will take 30 days for the account to be deleted entirely from the Uber servers, which gives you a chance to reactivate it, should you change your mind. Tap Continue to proceed with deletion.
9. Uber will prompt you to select why you want to delete your account from a list of options. Choose the one that applies to you.
10. One more screen will ask if you're sure you want to delete your account. Tap the Delete option at the bottom-right of the screen to delete your account. A message will then appear letting you know that your account has been deleted.
Again, it will take 30 days for your account to be fully deleted. If you log in during that time, your account will be reactivated, with all your data intact.
Quick tip: If you need help deleting your Uber account, or if you want to delete a Driver account, you can contact Uber from the Uber help page.How to delete your Lyft account on the mobile app or websiteHow to contact Uber support as a driver or rider if you need help resolving an issueHow to check your Uber passenger rating and improve it if it's lowHow to schedule a Lyft on the mobile app to book a future ride in advance
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December
- 10 Amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera