How to delete apps on an Apple Watch to save space for updates and new apps
- You can
deleteapps on an Apple Watchfrom your iPhone's Watch app, or through the Watch's app screen.
appsyou don't need from your Apple Watch is the best way to make space for updates.
- You can also disable automatic app installation, so new apps won't be added to your Apple Watch automatically.
It's convenient to have a lot of apps on your Apple Watch, but too many apps can overwhelm the tiny screen, making it hard to easily find or add what you need. It also takes up room that could be better used for updates or installing apps you need more.
If you want to reduce clutter, reclaim memory on your Watch, or simply eliminate apps that you never use, you can delete them from your iPhone or through the watch itself.
How to delete apps on an Apple Watch using your iPhone
1. On your iPhone, start the Watch app.
2. Make sure you're on the "My Watch" tab at the bottom of the screen, and then scroll down to the "Installed on Apple Watch" section in the main window.
3. Find an app you want to delete from your watch and then tap it.
4. On the app's details page, turn off the app by swiping the button to the left. It'll be immediately deleted from your watch.
Quick tip: If you delete one of the apps made by Apple that comes pre-installed on your iPhone - think Music, or Apple Store - it'll be deleted from your Apple Watch automatically. You can always re-install it by downloading the app from the App Store.
How to delete apps on an Apple Watch using your Watch
You can also delete apps from your watch directly from the watch face, though the process will vary slightly depending upon how your watch is configured.
To start, press the Digital Crown to display your apps.
- If your apps are set to list view, swipe the app you want to delete to the left and then tap the trash icon.
- If your apps are displayed in grid view, tap and hold an app icon until the screen starts to jiggle. Find the app you want to delete and then tap the "X" to remove it.
How to turn off automatic app installation
By default, when you install a new app on your iPhone that has a companion Apple Watch app, that app gets automatically installed on your watch.
This is how your watch may get cluttered with apps and begin to run low on memory. You can disable this feature so new apps aren't automatically installed.
- On your iPhone, start the Watch app.
- Make sure you're on the "My Watch" tab and then tap "General."
- Turn off Automatic App Install by swiping the button to the left.
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- India reports 3,824 new Covid cases
- 77% of young Indians now spend the most on phones, apparels
- Global Pharma recalls 50,000 tubes of contaminated eye drops in US: USFDA
- Former India cricketer Salim Durani passes away aged 88; PM Narendra Modi, Ravi Shastri lead tributes
- India successfully achieves autonomous landing of Space vehicle