How to delete podcasts stored on your Apple Watch from your iPhone's Watch app
- You can delete all stored podcasts from your
Apple Watch, or all episodes of a particular podcast by changing your settings in your iPhone's Watch app.
- If the "Custom" option is selected in your iPhone's Watch app, your watch will store several episodes of any podcasts you select.
- To delete podcast episodes, turn off the desired podcast in the Podcast section of the Watch app or switch the playback mode from "Custom" to "Up Next."
By default, your Apple Watch syncs one episode of each podcast you are subscribed to, but if you have manually downloaded podcasts to your watch, they can take up a lot of precious storage space. You can clear out that space by deleting podcasts using the Watch app on your iPhone.
How to delete podcasts from an Apple Watch
It's only necessary to delete podcasts manually if you are using the Watch app's "Custom" mode for adding episodes to your watch.
1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Tap "Podcasts" from the list of apps.
3. In the "Add Episodes From" section, check to see if "Custom" is selected. If it is, then your watch might have a bunch of podcast episodes stored on it. If "Up Next" is selected, there are no podcasts on your watch.
The "Choose Shows" section lists all the podcasts you are subscribed to in the iPhone's Podcasts app. Each podcast that is turned on (the button is green and swiped to the right) is configured to keep the most recent three episodes on your Apple Watch.
4. To delete all the stored podcasts at once, tap "Up Next" in the "Add Episodes From" section. This will delete all podcasts from your watch and only make the current episode available to you.
Alternatively, to delete all the episodes in a specific podcast, keep the selection on "Custom," but turn off the desired podcast by swiping its button to the left. This deletes all the episodes in that podcast, but leaves the other podcasts' episodes on your watch.
Unfortunately, there's no way to selectively delete individual episodes from your watch – it's either all the episodes in a particular podcast or all the podcasts entirely.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries
- I quit buying from Amazon 4 years ago. I get better deals on products elsewhere but still have to use their services.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO