How to delete your Siri history on any Apple device, so that Apple won't save and analyze your voice files
- To delete your
Sirihistory, make sure your Apple device is fully updated, and then open the "Siri" page in its settings menu.
- When you speak to Siri, your voice files are uploaded to Apple's servers for processing, but your personal information isn't attached to it.
- Deleting your Siri history will only erase the last six months of voice files.
You're probably aware that while Siri is a "personal assistant," the interactions you share with the AI aren't kept completely confidential. When you use Siri on your Apple device, your voice is uploaded to the cloud for processing, and Apple retains a copy for testing its software.
While none of your voice files are ever directly associated with you — Apple claims they're given a "random identifier" that doesn't mention you at all — you might want to delete your Siri history anyway.
The only caveat here is that using this deletion option only deletes the last six months of Siri's history. Apple says that anything older than that is usually deleted automatically, unless Apple has chosen to save it for further testing, in which case it can't be deleted.
Apple allows you to delete Siri's history on every device that uses the assistant. To delete your Siri history, just make sure you're running at least iOS 13.2 on your iPhone, iPadOS 13.2 on your iPad, tvOS 13.2 on your Apple TV, watchOS 6.12 on your Apple Watch, or macOS Catalina 10.15.1 on your Mac.
How to delete Siri history on an iPhone or iPad
1. Start the Settings app and tap "Siri & Search."
2. Tap "Siri & Dictation History."
3. Tap "Delete Siri & Dictation History," and then tap it again in the pop-up that appears.
How to delete Siri history on an Apple Watch
1. Start the Settings app and tap "Siri."
2. Tap "Siri History."
3. Tap "Delete Siri History," and then confirm your decision by tapping "Delete Siri History" again at the bottom of the page.
How to delete Siri history on a Mac
1. Start System Preferences and click "Siri."
2. Click "Delete Siri & Dictation History."
3. In the confirmation window that opens, click "Delete."
How to delete Siri history on an Apple TV
1. Start the Settings app and under the "Siri" heading, select "Siri History."
2. Select "Delete Siri & Dictation History," and then confirm.
How to delete Siri history on a HomePod
1. On your iPhone, start the Home app.
2. Tap and hold the HomePod icon and then tap "Settings."
3. Tap "Siri History."
4. Tap "Delete Siri History" and then confirm.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Top smartwatches with always-on display in India
- Biometric devices for convenient identity authentication
- Best inkjet printers for business needs in India
- J&K has highest share of 5 per cent budget allocation in health sector across country: LG
- RBI expected to hold rates on uncertainty over new COVID-19 variant