How to download 'Fortnite' on your Windows PC in a few simple steps
- You can download "
Fortnite" on a PC through the Epic GamesLauncher, which you can download and access through Epic Games' website.
- The Epic Games Launcher lets you download and install every title made by Epic Games, including all three versions of "Fortnite."
- The "Fortnite" app is free to download, and both "
Fortnite Battle Royale" and " Fortnite Creative" are free to play, but you'll need to pay to play "Fortnite: Save the World."
If you're generally familiar with the gaming world, and unless you're living under a rock, you've definitely heard of Epic Games' successful third-person shooter game "Fortnite."
A big part of "Fortnite's" popularity comes from how many systems it's available on. You can play "Fortnite" nearly anywhere, but the most competitive gamers play it on their PC.
You can download the "Fortnite" app on your PC for free and use it to play any of "Fortnite's" main three game modes.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to download "Fortnite" on your PC, so that you can start playing with your friends, your family, and strangers around the world.
How to download "Fortnite" on a PC
Once you have an account, you'll proceed to download "Fortnite" through the Epic Games Launcher:
1. In a web browser, go to the "Fortnite" landing page on Epic Games' website. This is where you'll download the Epic Games Launcher from. A download should start immediately, but if it doesn't, click "Windows."
2. If you're asked where you want to save the download, just save it anywhere you'll be able to find it, like your desktop.
3. Once the Epic Games Launcher
4. In the software launcher window, click "Install." The Epic Games Launcher will install, update itself, and then prompt you to log into your Epic Games account. You can use nearly a dozen different services to log in, or create a new account.
5. Once the Epic Games Launcher opens, find the page for "Fortnite." You'll be able to find it on the "Home" tab, or by searching for it in the "Store" tab.
6. On the "Fortnite" page, click the yellow "Get" button in the bottom-right corner.
7. Click "Library" in the left sidebar, and then click the grayed-out "Fortnite" picture.
8. You'll be asked where you want to install "Fortnite," and if you'd like it to update automatically whenever a new version is available. You can also create a shortcut for it on your desktop, which is incredibly useful for launching the game quickly.
9. If you have enough space on your computer, the game will begin downloading immediately. Wait for it to download — you can click "Downloads" in the left sidebar to see its progress — and once it's finished, launch it from the "Library" tab.
Once "Fortnite" opens, you'll be able to decide which mode you want to play: "Battle Royale," "Creative," or "Save the World."
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- The rally in stocks will trick investors into thinking the bear market is over, but there's still a case for the S&P 500 to fall another 26% next year, Morgan Stanley's Mike Wilson says
- Adani may be the richest Indian but Ambani’s RIL retains the top spot on Hurun's list of most valuable companies
- Rupee gains 18 paise to 81.08 against US dollar
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- 234-year-old company EID Parry is only a tad more valuable than year-old unicorn GlobalBees
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list