How to download 'Fortnite' on your Windows PC in a few simple steps
- You can download "
Fortnite" on a PC through the Epic GamesLauncher, which you can download and access through Epic Games' website.
- The Epic Games Launcher lets you download and install every title made by Epic Games, including all three versions of "Fortnite."
- The "Fortnite" app is free to download, and both "
Fortnite Battle Royale" and " Fortnite Creative" are free to play, but you'll need to pay to play "Fortnite: Save the World."
If you're generally familiar with the gaming world, and unless you're living under a rock, you've definitely heard of Epic Games' successful third-person shooter game "Fortnite."
A big part of "Fortnite's" popularity comes from how many systems it's available on. You can play "Fortnite" nearly anywhere, but the most competitive gamers play it on their PC.You can download the "Fortnite" app on your PC for free and use it to play any of "Fortnite's" main three game modes.
How to download "Fortnite" on a PC
1. In a web browser, go to the "Fortnite" landing page on Epic Games' website. This is where you'll download the Epic Games Launcher from. A download should start immediately, but if it doesn't, click "Windows."2. If you're asked where you want to save the download, just save it anywhere you'll be able to find it, like your desktop. 3. Once the Epic Games Launcher
4. In the software launcher window, click "Install." The Epic Games Launcher will install, update itself, and then prompt you to log into your Epic Games account. You can use nearly a dozen different services to log in, or create a new account.
5. Once the Epic Games Launcher opens, find the page for "Fortnite." You'll be able to find it on the "Home" tab, or by searching for it in the "Store" tab.6. On the "Fortnite" page, click the yellow "Get" button in the bottom-right corner.
7. Click "Library" in the left sidebar, and then click the grayed-out "Fortnite" picture.
8. You'll be asked where you want to install "Fortnite," and if you'd like it to update automatically whenever a new version is available. You can also create a shortcut for it on your desktop, which is incredibly useful for launching the game quickly.9. If you have enough space on your computer, the game will begin downloading immediately. Wait for it to download — you can click "Downloads" in the left sidebar to see its progress — and once it's finished, launch it from the "Library" tab.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry