How to enable dark mode for Zoom on your computer or mobile device
- You can enable a
dark modefor Zoomwhether you use the app in Windows, MacOS, iOS, or Android.
- To turn on dark mode in the desktop app, open Zoom's Settings and find the Theme controls on the General tab.
- On the mobile app, Zoom will use whatever dark mode settings your Android or iOS operating system is set to.
A lot of people now prefer to use dark mode because it flips the color palette, making most of an app's interface dark rather than light. This can reduce eye strain, especially early and late in the day. Like many popular apps, Zoom now offers the option to enable dark mode.
To use dark mode in Zoom, you need to be using an updated version of the app. On Windows, you need Zoom version 5.10.0 or higher; on the Mac, Zoom needs to be version 4.6.0 or higher. To make sure you're running the right version, click the your account icon at the top right and then choose Check for Updates.
If you want to enable dark mode on the Zoom mobile app, you'll need version 5.2.0 or higher for the Android or iOS version of Zoom.
How to enable dark mode for Zoom on desktop
1. Start the Zoom app on your computer.
2. Click the profile picture at the top right and then click Settings.
3. On the General tab of the Settings window, find the Theme section.
4. Click Dark to enable dark mode immediately or click Use system setting to force Zoom to always automatically use whatever light or dark mode your operating system is set to.
How to enable dark mode for Zoom on mobile
The mobile app will automatically use whatever theme your Android or iPhone is using — there is no way to override this setting in the app itself. Be sure to turn on and use dark mode on your iPhone or use dark mode on your Android device to get Zoom to enter dark mode.
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days