Here’s how to find emails faster using these filters on Gmail for Android
- Google is rolling search filters in
Gmail for Androiddevices.
- Users can now search quickly and easily by using the search filters to narrow down the results.
- The list of filters includes ‘From’, ‘Sent to’, ‘Date’, and ‘Has Attachments’.
Google made the announcement of the
How to use improved search filters in Gmail on Android.
- Open the Gmail application on your Android device.
- Type the keyword for the email you are looking for. Say, ‘Sales Report.’
- You can now use the filter before tapping on the ‘search’ icon or do it after the results show up.
- You can narrow down the search by tapping on the drop-down button next to ‘From’, where you can select from the suggested options or input the email you received the email from. Say, email@example.com.
- If you have sent the mail to someone, you can tap on the drop-down menu next to ‘Sent to’ and type down the email id of the person or group you have sent to, or select an option from the suggested results.
- If you remember the date when you received or sent the email, tap on the ‘Date’ filter and select the time period.
- If you know whether the email you are looking had attachments, you can tap on ‘Has Attachments’ if does contain an attachment.
This feature is in the roll-out phase starting from September 20, and it is expected to be available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers by the end of October.
Instagram settles the debate on where hashtags should go — comments or caption
How to update your iPhone to iOS 15, and troubleshoot any update issues
Popular on BI
- Best floodlights for outdoors in India
- CCI approves HDFC Bank's acquisition of 4.99% stake in HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- Best front lights for bicycles in India
- Best document scanners for office and home use in India
- BCCI announces two new IPL teams — Check out the owners of Lucknow and Ahmedabad franchises