How to find out who owns a website
- Finding the owner of a
websitecan be useful for various purposes such as research, legal or personal interest.
- The "About" or "Contact" page,
WHOISlookup service, Wayback Machine, and search engine query are ways to uncover the owner of a website.
- Below, check out simple steps to determine the owner of the website.
AdvertisementFinding out who owns a website can be useful for research, legal purposes, or personal interest. One method to determine the owner of a website is to check the site's "About" or "Contact" page for information about the owner or company responsible for the site. Another option is to use a WHOIS lookup service, which is a database that keeps track of
Some registrants choose to keep their information private, in which case the WHOIS lookup service may not display their personal information. The Wayback Machine (archive.org) is another useful tool that allows you to view past versions of websites and see if information about the owner was previously listed on the site. Additionally, a simple search engine query using the website name or domain name and keywords such as "about", "contact", or "owner" may also yield results.
How to find domain name owner
There are several services that allow you to find out who owns a domain, without charging a fee. We will be using ICANN to find out the
- To begin, open your browser and go to ICANN.
- Now, in the search box, enter the domain name that you want to search for.
- Click on ‘Lookup’ and the search will begin.
- You will now get details about the domain registration date, registry expiration, owner’s name and mailing address.
What is UPI and how does it work?
How to track and recover a lost smartphone
Popular on BI
- Countdown to Flipkart's 10th Big Billion Days: A tribute to entrepreneurs, featuring Mohammed Imran and Limraz Furniture
- Karnataka bandh: 44 flights cancelled, five activists arrested for trying to stage protest inside Bengaluru airport
- PE and VC investors make a killing in the 2023 bull market
- JSW Infra IPO allotment – how to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Abu Dhabi's IHC exits Adani Green Energy and Adani Transmission