How to manually check for updates on a Windows 10 computer and install them
Windows 10is programmed to check for updatesautomatically, and then install them once you restart your computer.
- You can check for updates in Windows 10 manually by going to the "Update & Security" menu, which can be accessed with just a few clicks.
- You should keep Windows 10 updated as best you can, as each update brings new features and bug fixes.
Sometimes, though, it's helpful to manually check for any updates that haven't been installed yet, especially if your computer is behaving strangely.
Here's how to check for updates on a Windows 10
How to check for updates on a Windows 10 PC
1. Click on the Start menu in the bottom left corner of your screen — it looks like the Windows logo.
2. From there, click on the Settings icon, which is a small icon that looks like a gear.
3. At the bottom of the Settings menu, click "Update & Security."
4. Click on "Check for updates" to see if your computer is up-to-date, or if there are any updates available. Your computer will also show the date and time of when it was last updated.
5. If there were updates available, they'll begin to download automatically. On the next screen, your computer will show the current status of your updates. Broader system updates will also be noted on this screen.
You can also view further information about your computer's updates by clicking the various links on the Updates page.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet
- Discover peace at India's most calming hideout: top 10 stress-free places in India